• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Flatbeds

Dirt700

Thinking about selling my f250, partially because the way the market is right now for trucks,And selling my enclosed trailer. Gonna take that money and buy a single axle semi or a medium duty truck like a freightliner m2 or international 4300, and put a flatbed to haul the buggy. Then find a descent bumper pull camper. If I go this route my wife is going to get a bigger SUV to pull the camper if we just want to go camping for the weekend or pull my car hauler trailer if I need to go to Lowes or something. I will eventually get another pickup just to have one

It's either that or try and find a descent older diesel pusher motorhome and keep my truck.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Thinking about selling my f250, partially because the way the market is right now for trucks,And selling my enclosed trailer. Gonna take that money and buy a single axle semi or a medium duty truck like a freightliner m2 or international 4300, and put a flatbed to haul the buggy. Then find a descent bumper pull camper. If I go this route my wife is going to get a bigger SUV to pull the camper if we just want to go camping for the weekend or pull my car hauler trailer if I need to go to Lowes or something. I will eventually get another pickup just to have one

It's either that or try and find a descent older diesel pusher motorhome and keep my truck.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Truck market is insane indeed. Our 12' F250 books for more than we paid for it 2.5 years and 20k miles later.

I know the Crawler Hauler group on FaceSpace has several medium/heavy duty trucks with flatbeds and always gives me bad ideas/wants to spend money and buy one.

Speaking of bad ideas/wants check out Expediter Trucks. They'd have a decent sleeper area for longer trips and a box big enough to fit the buggy enclosed.

I also know if you go this route, get an air ride hitch for the camper or else you'll kill the hitch on the camper.

Last edited:
Truck market is insane indeed. Our 12' F250 books for more than we paid for it 2.5 years and 20k miles later.

I know the Crawler Hauler group on FaceSpace has several medium/heavy duty trucks with flatbeds and always gives me bad ideas/wants to spend money and buy one.

Speaking of bad ideas/wants check out Expediter Trucks. They'd have a decent sleeper area for longer trips and a box big enough to fit the buggy enclosed.

I also know if you go this route, get an air ride hitch for the camper or else you'll kill the hitch on the camper.
That last line is great! I know myself and probably many others would not have considered that

That last line is great! I know myself and probably many others would not have considered that
I didn't think about it either until I kinda looked into this route three trucks and three trailers ago (aka about 4 years ago).

Another topic, if you don't mind a road trip look at trucks in California. Thanks to their emission rules you can get a screaming deal on bigger trucks for pennies on the dollar.

Last edited:
There is a 2003 Freightliner on Southern Farming classifieds group on FB that looks nice.

Just build the hitch as part of the bed then the truck suspension will absorb the blow.

There is a 2003 Freightliner on Southern Farming classifieds group on FB that looks nice.

Just build the hitch as part of the bed then the truck suspension will absorb the blow.
Guess I should have included in my original comment that I have no first hand experience with the medium/heavy duty trucks so solely going off of discussions on Pirate4x4 and Irate4x4 in the Tow Rigs sections of using medium/heavy duty trucks to haul bumper pull campers.

So after a weekend of thinking about it, what's your current thinking/plan?
Think I'm going to do camper and flatbed, if I can get everything sold. Sarah is really wanting a camper. So at minimum I want to sell the enclosed and find a descent used camper. Then try to sell my truck

You need this!

00303_adDAA2JUihkz_0c605I_600x450.jpg

Think I'm going to do camper and flatbed, if I can get everything sold. Sarah is really wanting a camper. So at minimum I want to sell the enclosed and find a descent used camper. Then try to sell my truck
I've got a camper that I am fixing to sell. We just don't use it and my son is starting to wrestle all year so it looks likem we won't have much time off anyway.

@Dirt700
We have been using it since then. Nothing wrong with it at all, we just do not use it as much now that my boys are getting bigger. $36,500 was above loan value last year (I priced it cheaper than the other 10 of these that were for sale, I just never tried to sell it other than here or Marketplace) so it didn't sell. I will take $35,900 now. That is close to loan value.

@Dirt700
We have been using it since then. Nothing wrong with it at all, we just do not use it as much now that my boys are getting bigger. $36,500 was above loan value last year (I priced it cheaper than the other 10 of these that were for sale, I just never tried to sell it other than here or Marketplace) so it didn't sell. I will take $35,900 now. That is close to loan value.
I'm looking for a bumper, but that's a nice one

Latest posts