• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Flatbeds

From my experience,avoid the Kodak's. They are marginal big truck,but repair cost far exceed everything except a sports car.

From my experience,avoid the Kodak's. They are marginal big truck,but repair cost far exceed everything except a sports car.

Any idea why repair costs are so high? Meaning do things constantly break/wear out or are parts just expensive/demand a premium price (like anything colored Deere)?

Any idea why repair costs are so high? Meaning do things constantly break/wear out or are parts just expensive/demand a premium price (like anything colored Deere)?

If it's like the 90s Kodiak's I've worked on, they use a weird mix of LD/MD/HD truck parts according to year, and a lot of the parts didn't have a long enough production run to get the volume up to make them affordable. Whereas something like a FL70 Freightliner used the same part in the same location for a decade or more, and millions of them were made.

If it's like the 90s Kodiak's I've worked on, they use a weird mix of LD/MD/HD truck parts according to year, and a lot of the parts didn't have a long enough production run to get the volume up to make them affordable. Whereas something like a FL70 Freightliner used the same part in the same location for a decade or more, and millions of them were made.
Ah I see.

We have an 08 at work. It uses a mix of truck and van parts in the cab. It has a duramax, and really needs a tune, as with a 20k lb truck it is a slug. I would also agree that getting it serviced is a pain. MD/HD truck shops dont really want to mess with it, and LD truck shops dont either.

Snapchat-1528166371.jpg

2009 Pete, 8.3 Cummins, 10spd, has had dpf delete. I will get some more pictures soon. Gonna start on the flatbed in a few weeks

Sounds great all around. I'm sure you have something bed wise already floating around in your head, but here's a couple of cool semi's with flatbeds from Pirate:

image-jpg.jpg

Thread with a couple of various options:
FreightlinerWithMog.jpg

I'm thinking about doing Western hauler style, skirted, with tool boxes built into skirts. My buddy is going to build me a 20 gallon fuel tank out of aluminum that will be under the bed with a little pump, so I won't have to carry jugs. Eventually going to paint the truck gray and black it out similar to that Pete in the picture

I'm thinking about doing Western hauler style, skirted, with tool boxes built into skirts. My buddy is going to build me a 20 gallon fuel tank out of aluminum that will be under the bed with a little pump, so I won't have to carry jugs. Eventually going to paint the truck gray and black it out similar to that Pete in the picture

Sounds great.

Please take some pictures of what you do. I think i would like a bed also,but have no imagination.

After months of searching, I got lucky and found a used Western Hauler brand bed from a Kodiak on Craigslist. I had to cut the headache rack down for the F750 and enlarge the rear 19.5 wheel openings for 22.5s.

Been daily driving the Pete???
No I haven't drove it much, been busy building a lean to off the back of the shop and putting the buggy back together. I'm hoping I will get started messing with it more in the next few weeks.

Latest posts