• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Flea" Buggy ??

JD

I have seen some videos of the small black buggy with stickys runnin with all the big boys and it says hes weighing in at 1800 ???? :eek: Anyone have any more info on this? I see its yota axles, is it all yota drivetrain as well? If hes climbing those hills down there im guessing wheel speed isnt a problem? just trying to get some general info about this as i am wanting to do something similar.

it has a samurai motor on propane 5spd sammy trans and case with toyota axles If i remember correctly the coil spring used on the 4 link are stock tj but not shure

YOU ARE CORRECT JP CRAWLER80....THAT THING IS THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF KEEP IT , LIGHT , SIMPLE, & RELIABLE .. :dblthumb:

..........I LIKE IT A LOT............ :****:

cool, wonder if its dual cases with gears or just all stock running gear? is that weight accurate?

This rig?

429685158_JAPtB-M.jpg

429687315_BwdnQ-M.jpg

It works well, it is not on stickies in these pics. I am sure it does not weigh much. I think it is a Jimmy Smith built buggy, looks like it anyways.

yea that's the one, looks like it could be done on the cheap (parts wise) and still go great! thumb.gif

.......NOT SURE ??,

BUT I WOULD SAY 1 ZUKI CASE WITH EITHER A 4.0 , or 6.5 , gear set in it......... ???

A ZUKI CASE COULD HAVE A ... 4.0, 4.89 ,5.0 ,6.4 ,6.5, OR A RETARDED 8.0 GEAR SET IN IT ???

BUT THE COOL THING IS THAT ALL ZUKI GEARSETS ALSO LOWER 2 HIGH, WICH REALLY HELPS A LOT !!

I HAVE A 4.89 IN MINE WICH LOWERS 2 HIGH 18% FROM STOCK, AND 4 LO 128% FROM STOCK ,

BUT I THINK I WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE TO A 6.5 CASE AND TRY THAT CRAP OUT !

wonder how much less a zuk drive train (1 case) weighs compared to a 22re yota drive train with 1 case ?

I can lay flat on the ground and change the transmission in and out of my zuki , by myself without a jack, OF COURSE the case is the DIVORCED style with a jack shaft,

and the case by itself is VERY LIGHT !!

I dont know what a WHOLE 1.3 WEIGHS, but it is LIGHT, its an ALL ALUMINUM ENGINE !!

AND ALSO ....if you are gonna propane it, JUST USE A 1.3 WITH A GOOD CAM AND HEADER .

ANYWAY..........I would guess about 150 to 200 lb.s lighter................. :-\

yea, thas a decent size difference on a light rig. I have heard the 16v is twice the motor the 1.3 is ??? I dont think the extra power of the 22re would be worth the weight.

The reason why people always say that their 1.6 swap "DOUBLED " their power over a 1.3 ,
is because of the FUEL INJECTION you get in the swap, ........because the zuki carb SUCKS SO BAD !!

But , if you HAVE a 1.6 and you plan to run it on on PROPANE ,an intake manifold from a 1.3 will BOLT RIGHT UP to the 1.6 . ,
But........the motor mounts WONT WORK, and you will need an ADAPTER too bolt the transmission up :'(

I have a 40 over , CALMINI 2000-6000 rpm cammed ,head ported , shaved 30 thousandths,& 3 angle valve jobbed,intake ported,Doug Thorley headered, 1.3 ,
on a GOT PROPANE .COM injection system.........

And mine feels and runs like it has TRIPLE THE POWER over the STOCK carbed 1.3......... :****:

And, by keeping my 1.3, I did not have too change motor mounts or get a transmission adapter !!

ANY WAY.............I have kicked around the idea of building a "FLEA" type buggy myself,thats why I,m so into this thread!!

Heres how I MODIFIED the intake & adapter for MAXIMUM FLOW !!

xmasevemudride08016.jpg

xmasevemudride08017.jpg

xmasevemudride08007.jpg

AND NOW I GOT ENOUGH POWER TO DO THIS.......... :eek: :eek: :eek:

IMG_8821.jpg

yea it seems to work really well from all the videos I have seen and Im a cheap bastard! haha Plus everyone and their mom has a high hp rig these days (I prob would to if i could afford it) That seems like a lot of money to drop on that 1.3 but i guess if your gonna use it for awhile it be worth it.

YA DAMN RIGHT !!..............and if you look up ,CHEAP BASTARD , in the dictionary, you will probably see a damn picture of ME beside the definition.......... :****:

is that a 44 shaft? what does your rig weigh? can anyone confirm if those are stock tj springs or not?

I always think it is killer when lightweight, lower budget rig can walk up stuff the big high hp buggies have to beat on for 30 minutes. Small, lightweight buggies have proven time and time again they work in almost any terrain....

YES, that is a broken YUKON 44 shaft, my ZUKI has wagoneer narrow track 44s front & rear for the offset diffs on the cheap !!

NO , I do not know what my ZUKI weighs,........ but I would guess 2500 to 3000 .........I REALLY NEED TO HAVE IT WEIGHED !!

By the photos Matt provided, those coils are SOME type of PROGRESSIVE RATE coils........wich is a GOOD idea,

BUT,.....that means they ARE NOT a STOCK TJ coil ,but it appears that a STOCK "front" TJ coil would work in their place !

I have 2 inch PRO COMP rear TJ lift coils in the back of my ZUKI, but they are too STIFF.......BUT THEY WERE CHEAP..

If EVER get around to linkin & lowerin the front I WILL put stock rear TJ coils in the back then FO SHO.

I SCREWED UP when I tubed out the back, therefore I have to run 2 inch lift coils too LEVEL IT OUT ....FOR NOW !!

I could just run some 2 inch coil spacers............BUT HELL NAW !!

zukiscott said:
NO , I do not know what my ZUKI weighs,........ but I would guess 2500 to 3000 .........I REALLY NEED TO HAVE IT WEIGHED !!

Remind me next time we wheel together, I'll bring my scales, you riding grayrock this weekend?

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Remind me next time we wheel together, I'll bring my scales, you riding grayrock this weekend?

John bring em to Monteagle. We can have a weigh off in the parking lot to kill some time in the evening ;D

what are the advantages to a progressive weight coil over stock tj coils? your saying front tj coils in rear and rear tj coils in front might be ideal?