• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FOA 2.0 Emulsion shocks

toyota104

Anyone have any experience with these shocks? I'm building a 1985 4runner on leaf springs that they will be going on. I've run bilstein shocks in the past and wanting to step up to a little better shock. Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• FOA SHOCK.jpg
    FOA SHOCK.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 174
from what i've read when you get them first thing to do is open them up, drain out all of the fluid into a container and check for debris. Replace fluid with high quality shock oil and re-assemble. Apparently the quality control isnt the best but overall a good shock. You just have to take some minor precautions. Fox shocks from accutune although $$$ are what i went with and they tune them for your rig when you purchase. Worth the money in my opionion.

I don't know that I would consider an FOA emulsion "better" than an off the shelf bilstien 5100 (or equivalent).

if you're planning to tune them and actually get them to perform, you might as well step up to some remote reservoir shocks.

A set of air bumps on the front of a leaf sprung Yota will make trail bombing much more pleasant.

I don't know that I would consider an FOA emulsion "better" than an off the shelf bilstien 5100 (or equivalent).

if you're planning to tune them and actually get them to perform, you might as well step up to some remote reservoir shocks.

A set of air bumps on the front of a leaf sprung Yota will make trail bombing much more pleasant.
I appreciate the info. I'll probably stick with the 5100 or try the fox 2.0 performance series. I don't really want to spend a grand on remote reservoir shocks, when they're going on a $3-4,000 dollar rig.