• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Foam Cannons. Worth it?

j-mox

Been thinking about buying one but wondering if they are worth the money or how well they clean.

If so is there a recommended brand? Looking at one from company called Chemical Guys right now.

j-mox said:
Been thinking about buying one but wondering if they are worth the money or how well they clean.

If so is there a recommended brand? Looking at one from company called Chemical Guys right now.

I have been doing the same thing. Chemical guys seems like they are selling most of the stuff based on the name. I would like a true honest opinion as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

I have the Chemical Guys brand. It's worth it to me ! I can clean the buggy and rzr in half the time it use to take with just the pressure washer and a pump sprayer with degreaser.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

They are worth it, especially if you are doing custom detail work for a pro-level finish.
For my CJ only, nah, not worth it. But if you are washing a lot of items, like I tend to, yes it's handy and does make things faster as well as much better for the top quality finish on things like my wife's ride.

No experience with the particular model listed.

So are they as simple as spray on, let it sit and rinse? I wondered if they really cleaned as well as hand washing where you get the actual film off. I realize they probably aren't made for heavy dirt, and that's not a problem, but also want it to be worth the investment.

How efficient are they on the mix also? Do you get many washes out of a gallon?

I just bought the cheaper one from Amazon. I will post up after I try it out and let you know how it does. From what I read the ratio of soap to water is what most people had to figure out. Also the psi of the pressure washer matters.

Rockjock said:
I believe Tripp Pullen owns a business that deals in foam cannons and car detail products. Does he get on here?
I've seen that and looked for a website or something of that nature and had no luck.

Also is everyone still hand washing afterwards? Two bucket method if you are?

Re:

I think I remember seeing that Gizmo bought one of Tripp's systems, pm him and ask.

SRRS said:
Cougar Chemical has a website and ships daily. They have locations in Memphis and Nashville.

www.CougarChemical.com

Yeah Memphis would be great! I looked it up and free shipping also. Chemical Guys have free shipping over a certain amount but less that that and it's crazy high. I bought my son some "Stripper Scent" spray from them for his birthday, mainly for novelty, but shipping was as much or more than the item.

I've got the cheap amazon one. Works great. I love it. Depends on the soap you use in it also. Chemical guys have great products and I use there soaps. I use the cannon on all my vehicles. Don't have to have a dirty ass soap bucket anymore. I'd try the cheap Amazon one and see if you like it. They're like 18 bucks shipped. Personally I don't see the need in buying a $100 plus one because the cheapnone works great for me.

Not to mention it looks cool! Haha Buddy of mines rig. Let him borrow it before he bought one.

0aa53bd6edbd244aa927c766a71b8a08.jpg

pplblazerdude said:
Also is everyone still hand washing afterwards? Two bucket method if you are?

Washing afterwards yes. I haven't found one yet that would wash the car without touching it after you hose it. It's just a good method for consistent soapy/water delivery to ensure a good friction lubrication and coating. Spray her down and then get the sponge and go. If it's just my truck or the jeep, spray her down, grab a rinse bucket and start scrubbing. My wife's ride I do the two bucket rinse.

muddinmetal said:
What the fu*k is the point if you have to hand wash it when you are done? Why not just hand wash it to start with?

Thank you for saying that because that is what I've been wondering. The stuff I get into doesn't just rinse off even at 3000psi. Does this magical Unicorn dust mixed with water in a blender really work without touching it? Call me skeptical, but I would love to try this out myself. :dunno:

ADMINISTRATOR

Latest posts