• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Football Injury ( USC VS. Tenn.)

Re: Re: Football Injury ( USC VS. Tenn.)

Poor guy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

thats just a nasty injury. :puke:
i hate it for the guy, he was a great player. Hope he can somewhat recover from it

I had to say a little prayer for the dude, hell of a player and a good sportsman too. Hate it for him, but Willis McGahee came back from a nasty hit like that. Just hope Lattimore either:
A- Comes back stronger and gets picked up by an NFL team in need of a running game
B- Takes advantage of his free education and does something with his life

Either way, I wish the guy the best. :dblthumb:

Agree. Sometimes football is pretty dam cruel. He for sure had many millions to look forward to.
Maybe it'll still come to him. Maybe even in a different profession.
That replay will haunt the guy for life though. It'll always be what MITE have been.

ESPN reported that he had hyper-extended his knee along with dislocation and some ligament stretching. Said he is expected to make a full recovery and possibly make a comeback.

tonybolton said:
I bet he will physically recover but it will be hard to mentally recover.

Yeah two major knee injuries in two years is tough physically & mentally.

Hopefully he had a healthy insurance policy on himself for that sort of thing.

InDaShop said:
doubtful, college players barely have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.

You wouldn't believe what a good group of Alumni can do though behind closed doors. :dunno:

tonybolton said:
No ****...id say he was weeeeeeeeell taken care of.

keyword "was" as in pre-injury....

I've known alot of pro guys over the years, and currently have a former NFL quarterback working for me (one of the Brady 6) and having heard their stories. They dont make or get **** in college, everything is for that payday at the end of it. Then once in NFL you get players union, league minimum salary etc...
Not saying there are not under table perks for some. I can damn near promise alumi arent stepping up to help a guy that is no longer of use to their team.

he has an insurance policy on his legs. not sure how much it is for but it pays out if it ends up being carer ending.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2012/10/29/marcus-lattimores-injury-could-spell-millions-in-lost-nfl-earnings/

The NCAA sponsors a disability insurance program for exceptional student-athletes in select sports. The program provides student-athletes with the opportunity to protect against future loss of earnings as a professional athlete, due to a disabling injury or sickness that may occur during the collegiate career.

Student-athletes eligible for this program include individuals that, according to the NCAA legislation, have (1) remaining athletics eligibility in the sports of intercollegiate football, men's or women's basketball, baseball, or men's ice hockey, who (2) have demonstrated they have professional potential to be selected in the first three rounds of the upcoming National Football League or National Hockey League draft or the first round of the upcoming draft of the National Basketball Association, Major League Baseball, or Women's National Basketball Association, are eligible for this program.

Based on this criteria, it would appear that Mr. Lattimore would have been eligible for this program. According to various mock draft projections (see Exhibits A, B, C, and D), Mr. Lattimore was almost certain to be drafted in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft.

As of late Sunday night, 2 separate sources (one with the Gamecocks Media Relations staff and one with the NCAA's Travel and Insurance staff) could not confirm whether Mr. Lattimore is actually enrolled in the program. But for his sake and the sake of his financial future, I sure hope he was prior to Saturday's contest versus Tennessee.

Latest posts