• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ford 6.7 Diesel

bearslayer2829

Who owns one and how do you like it? Any problems? What upgrades do you have? If I get this new job i'm considering getting one and wanna know what people think about them.

I've got an 11 that I bought new in August 2010. 43000 miles. Got 35s on it and pull 14000 pounds regularly. No problems pulls great

My '11 that I bought in the summer of '11

228818_261867697173196_950316_n.jpg

Love the truck. I miss having a manual transmission, but I must say, its one of the best shifting auto's I've ever owned, and in manual mode its nice not having to fool with the clutch while towing in traffic or in steep terrain. The truck is bone stock and I average 11-13mpg towing a 14k 5th wheel, or pulling a 35ft gooseneck with 2 rigs on it. Unloaded it gets between 15-17 and that reflects how my driving style and speed is. The '10 that I traded in on it was tuned with injectors, intercooler, spartan, and 4" exhaust and this truck stock feels stronger and accelerates faster

Re: Re: Ford 6.7 Diesel

I have a 12 F-450 with 42k miles and I love the truck, o problems and is the best pulling truck I have owned.

sent using my right thumb via Tapatalk

I have a 2012 crew cab dually . 29,000 miles on it so far love it . Way better than the 2008 I had . Would buy another 6.7 or 2 if I could afford them . The only problem I have is the dam dealer can't keep oil change people . And they never no how to change the dam fuel filters . Other day I went to leave after change low fuel pressure light . Took back I rode with them to test drive it it shut down . Well then the dip shits couldn't work the computer to reset it . Got it reset same thing . Then they thought the low pressure pump was bad . I couldn't see how so I made them put new fuel filters again with a different person and that fixed it . First person didn't get the filter tight . Liked one turn to getting it tight . So my only problem is the dip shits at oil and fuel filter change . And I do watch them at the bay every time .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

All of our x-ray crews and most of the welding rigs are the new Fords. No breakdowns, only regular maintenance. I believe this is the one that Ford needed to get back in the diesel game.

I have a 2012 with 34k miles on it. Its been a good truck but they did have to put a fuel pump on it at 22k, other than that no issues. It now has everything deleted and tuned by Spartan.

Neal3000 said:
maybe 10 years from now i'll be able to afford one

Yea that's usually how I look at topics like this molaugh

I'm busy researching and picking out what I want to buy for one day wayyyy down the road when they get some years and miles on them and come down inside my budget :****:

TacomaJD said:
Yea that's usually how I look at topics like this molaugh

I'm busy researching and picking out what I want to buy for one day wayyyy down the road when they get some years and miles on them and come down inside my budget :****:
I still wouldn't want one out of warranty . Still to many high dollar parts . Mine will hopefully be gone next year . And replaced with a fresh one .

ju9unu3u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

You make a good point. Honestly, I'm pretty fond of the low/cheap maintenance GM gas motors. Them diesel coal rollers are a rich man's truck :****:

If I ever get rid of the 2006 GMC 2500HD 6.0L gasser I have now, I'll prolly be looking at the same truck but in the 07+ body style. They come with a 6 speed auto tranny vs. the 4 speed 4l80e like mine has in it now too.

My buddy must have a lemon, we only get 9-10 pulling 2 buggys on a 30 tag. He does run 85 or so from upstate SC to Harlan booyang

I just bought a 13 F350 after my 06 burned up on the way to Utah. So far I love it, way more power and creature comforts on this one. Went SRW this time. Haven't pulled with it yet, but looking forward to trying it out next month! Averaging 16.8 mpg mixed hwy/city not towing.

Attachments

• IMG_201305160505.jpg
    IMG_201305160505.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 358
Re: Re: Ford 6.7 Diesel

I went and test drove the 2012 srw f350 and the Chevy 3500 to compare the difference. Ford rode and drove just a lil better but not much, Chevy trans was WAY better tho.

I hate to say this, but I just bought a 2013 Dodge, that's right a Dodge! I'm 61 years old and have had them all. I believe this MAY be the best of them all. Six cylinder torque, 3.42 gear .62 over drive. 80 mph @ 1700 rpms. Fuel milage ain't but 17 now but hope it's gets better. Sorry to change your thread!