• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ford 6.7 Diesel

halcat said:
I hate to say this, but I just bought a 2013 Dodge, that's right a Dodge! I'm 61 years old and have had them all. I believe this MAY be the best of them all. Six cylinder torque, 3.42 gear .62 over drive. 80 mph @ 1700 rpms. Fuel milage ain't but 17 now but hope it's gets better. Sorry to change your thread!
you will be wishing ya didnt get a dodge there's always one or two in the shop when I go to get a oil change .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

halcat said:
I hate to say this, but I just bought a 2013 Dodge, that's right a Dodge! I'm 61 years old and have had them all. I believe this MAY be the best of them all. Six cylinder torque, 3.42 gear .62 over drive. 80 mph @ 1700 rpms. Fuel milage ain't but 17 now but hope it's gets better. Sorry to change your thread!

You didn't change my thread buddy. Dodge isn't even in the picture with my selection, their engines outlast their trucks by far. I want a combo of good truck and good drivetrain.

Cole said:
I have a 2012 with 34k miles on it. Its been a good truck but they did have to put a fuel pump on it at 22k, other than that no issues. It now has everything deleted and tuned by Spartan.

How happy are you the spartan? I loved it on my '10.

I use my trucks a lot different than most of you Guys do and h ave a lot more trucks to. I have had prolly 15 fords from 89 to 05 and have always been a ford man. I have drivers in my trucks And I need 350 to 400k miles out of each truck. I quit ford in 05 and went to chevy. Duramax is ok but are to complex, like the new power stroke. You need to consider, I can't take my trucks to the shop every time a sensor burbs. Chevys 6.0 gasser is the best but not strong enough. On the other hand dodge trucks in the past have a lot to be desired but are coming around. Also cost. I have three cummins trucks and the most expensive truck was 45 k. Chevy gas trucks are 42 k and ford power stroke is 48 k. My mechanic can maintain my dodges because the cummins is much simpler and has a lot LESS sensors to burp. When there are 400 k ford trucks out there with 400k miles on there new engine, I might go back to ford

fl-krawler said:
How happy are you the spartan? I loved it on my '10.

Wish I had H&S. spartan is way better for the 6.4s than the 6.7s. Looking to get some custom tunes made soon.

I've been wanting another dually....Been looking at the new Dodges. Randall Key has one of the nicest I've seen. Seems the Dodge interior is slowly coming around, getting a little nicer. I've got an '09 F250 and have gotten used to the "creature comforts" of the Fords...Still on the fence between the two. ~$10k difference is helping me make up my mind though. :****:

Re: Re: Ford 6.7 Diesel

I love my 7.3, but hell I got 3 injectors that just took a **** on me halfway up to Harlan,.. it took me 14 hours instead of the original 6.. it sucks when somthing pricy that this happens, .. on the hunt for some now

From the empty bottle

drich, I'm in the same boat as you. I am still running a 7.3 has @170k still original. only a tuner to adjust for 35" tires. I have already replaced the tranny with a factory upgraded trans.
I was upset about the cost but i still dont have a monthly payment to deal with, that is all that keeps me from buying another. i dont want payments.

I got a 7.3 with 270,000 on it and all I've had to do is water pump,alternator, and 2 batteries. Would love to have a new 6.7 but just can't bring myself to get 1 cause I don't want the paynents. My 7.3 may not b a powerhouse but its paid for an it gets me where I'm goin.

I have a 7.3 right was just looking to possibly upgrading, don't know for sure tho my 7.3 has 190k miles and still runs like a singer sewing machine.

WE WORK ON ALL OF THEM ,I OWN FORDS AND DODGES, I TAKE DOGE OVER FORD OR :woody:CHEVY ANY DAY IN DIESELS....WE SEE MORE PROBLEMS WITH FORD THAT ANY OF THEN AND COST MORE TO FIX

I've got a 2012 6.7 cc 4x4. Get right around 19 city driving with a heavy foot. Appears to be getting 26ish unloaded on highway. Went from Moulton,AL to Dothan,AL a couple weeks ago to a music festival and it used a lil more than half a tank on the way down. It's tuned by h&s and has everything deleted. Great truck, the tranny sucked till the tuner helped it out. All around I like it better than my duramax. However cost of maintenance and transmission the dmax is miles ahead...

I'm a diesel tech at a Ford dealership. We have had very few 6.7's with any major problems. I would buy one if I could afford it.

Thread hijack... If any of you all have a 7.3 or 6.0 and need parts be it performance or stock hit me up in the vendor section!! Hijack over...

Mattman347 said:
Thread hijack... If any of you all have a 7.3 or 6.0 and need parts be it performance or stock hit me up in the vendor section!! Hijack over...
Pm'd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :afro:

Re: Re: Ford 6.7 Diesel

I have a 2013 F-250 XLT with the 6.7L powerstroke that I got a good deal on for my new tow pig. I'm very happy with it. No issues yet with 30,000 on the clock.
bedybage.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Just got a King Ranch with the 6.7, 18 mpg all around mileage, pulls great. Seats are miles of improvement over the older KR's. I rate it at a 10 .