• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ford 6.7 owners

Oldiron20

How many miles are yall getting out of your 6.7 powerstrokes? I have a 6.0 ford now and i love it. I know they are " the worst motor ever made" but ive never had a major problem out of it....yet. I recently found a good deal on a 2011 f250 with a 6.7, really nice truck but it has 227,xxx miles on it. Im just curious what problems yall are having out of them and what kind of life your getting out of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Just curious how many miles are on your truck to where you would consider a truck with that many miles?

They are awesome trucks there are some problems with the exhaust sensors and maybe an intake pressure hose failure every now and then...

I have a 12 with 107k. Turbo replaced at 99k. Love the truck though. Looking to delete and all that jazz soon but even as is I have no major complaints.

Re:

Mine only has 142,xxx but it is starting to have minor problems, here and there and has not been deleted or studded. The 6.7 has already been deleted and has exhaust etc. It also is in better shape cosmetically. It would be almost an even trade if i decided to do it.

A diesel truck starts to impress me a little at around 350,000 miles.
I had a salesman trying really hard to sell me a new 6.7... When I told him that after the 6.0 and the 6.4 issues I wouldn't touch one till I started seeing a bunch of em with 500k he left me alone lol...

gottagofast said:
A diesel truck starts to impress me a little at around 350,000 miles.
I had a salesman trying really hard to sell me a new 6.7... When I told him that after the 6.0 and the 6.4 issues I wouldn't touch one till I started seeing a bunch of em with 500k he left me alone lol...

I've seen a couple with over 500k. These trucks are used every day for a commercial roofing business and to say they are abused is an understatement. They have held up extremely well.

I have an ex student who graduated diesel school and works at a diesel shop now. He said one came in the other day with 850k on it and it was the original motor with nothing but the deletes and regular maintenance done.

Bought my 15 last August because my 14' Dodge kept getting CELs. I'm at 34k and can't say I've had anything yet. Eventually I may delete to improve fuel mileage, but I'm happy.

Re:

Thanks for all the input. I may go check it out tonight and post some pics

86chevota said:
I've seen a couple with over 500k. These trucks are used every day for a commercial roofing business and to say they are abused is an understatement. They have held up extremely well.
Yeah this was back when they first came out.... It's starting to look like ford may have finally come out with another decent diesel..... Fingers crossed.

Re:

Truck sold, i guess ill just throw some money at my ole 6.0 and keep it reliable. Ill hold out until i can find an affordable 6.7 with less miles

My girlfriends dads 14 is approaching 90k. 75% percent of those towing a 34 enclosed gooseneck with their track car in it. His AC just went out last week. :rolf:

i have 260k on mine only had brakes and oil changes so far. its bone stock has a trailer hooked to it everyday of its life. i also have 2 6.0 trucks that have only had minor issues 1 with 270k the other with 340k. i just keep up on fluid and filter changes and have had great luck so far.

KPatterson said:
My girlfriends dads 14 is approaching 90k. 75% percent of those towing a 34 enclosed gooseneck with their track car in it. His AC just went out last week. :rolf:

I'm still trying to figure out the humor in your potential father in laws ac going out. Seems like a **** thing to laugh about to me. I hate to see anyone have to spend money on repairs that they could be spending on something they want. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm getting a case of the O L D. :dunno:

Latest posts