• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ford 6.7 owners

pholmann said:
I'm still trying to figure out the humor in your potential father in laws ac going out. Seems like a **** thing to laugh about to me. I hate to see anyone have to spend money on repairs that they could be spending on something they want. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm getting a case of the O L D. :dunno:
Wasn't being a **** whatsoever. Hes a cool guy and we get along great. He is very hard on it. Of all things the AC goes out.

I have been hauling for a buddy with a 2012 F-350 since he bought it new. Been across the country from TN countless times(KOH, Vegas,etc). I love the truck but back in July it left me on the side of the road in Missouri pulling a 36 foot enclosed trailer(empty). It was a recalled EGT sensor, and was replaced for free. Three weeks later on the way back to Chattanooga from Kentucky(unloaded-no trailer) the bottom end grenaded. Keep in mind that this truck has 78,000 miles and has been meticulously maintained. Of course, Ford won't warranty it because it's 5 years old even though it still has less than 80k miles. I haven't heard of any 6.7's having any major problems like this. Has anyone else's 6.7 blown up? Ford wants $12,500 to fix it so my buddy has decided to go buy a new GMC Duramax. I'm a Ford guy, as is he, but Ford hasn't made a reliable diesel truck since the 7.3 got axed...in my opinion.

I have heard of a very few scattering the bottom end. Its like the turbos on the duramax feeding oil to the motor and them running away. You do have isolated incidents of premature failures in both. You build a few hundred thousand of anything, your going to have early failures and some that can't seem to.

chickenfarmer said:
I have been hauling for a buddy with a 2012 F-350 since he bought it new. Been across the country from TN countless times(KOH, Vegas,etc). I love the truck but back in July it left me on the side of the road in Missouri pulling a 36 foot enclosed trailer(empty). It was a recalled EGT sensor, and was replaced for free. Three weeks later on the way back to Chattanooga from Kentucky(unloaded-no trailer) the bottom end grenaded. Keep in mind that this truck has 78,000 miles and has been meticulously maintained. Of course, Ford won't warranty it because it's 5 years old even though it still has less than 80k miles. I haven't heard of any 6.7's having any major problems like this. Has anyone else's 6.7 blown up? Ford wants $12,500 to fix it so my buddy has decided to go buy a new GMC Duramax. I'm a Ford guy, as is he, but Ford hasn't made a reliable diesel truck since the 7.3 got axed...in my opinion.
I would contact ford directly and not a dealership, sometimes they want things back to see what went wrong and to keep a returning customer, dealerships are there to make money anyway they can, it's worth a shot with that low of miles ya might get lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zjman said:
I would contact ford directly and not a dealership, sometimes they want things back to see what went wrong and to keep a returning customer, dealerships are there to make money anyway they can, it's worth a shot with that low of miles ya might get lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Know a guy with a year old Dmax that broke a crank. GM wanted it back, went around the dealer and got right with him when he reported it. Hopped up or not, they wanted to analyze to learn

Daniel Zamora told me yesterday he broke the crank in his 2011 6.7 driving around town. He said the dealership wanted 20k for a replacement. He found a totalled new truck with 30k on it for $6800 and swapped it himself. Other than emission sensors that's the only failure I know of personally.