• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ford employees?

The Luke

Any of y'all work at a ford dealership? I decided to annihilate the mirror on my wife's explorer tonight. Of course it's got more bells and whistles than my whole truck does.

I just took a 2020 F550 to the shop because it had 15 gallons of water in the tank. Broke down on me with 56 miles on it, in the middle of nowhere and no cell service. Finally get it to the shop and they tell me it is not covered under warranty. So I will see your mirror and raise you an entire new fuel system for an F550 with 136.4 miles.

Ouch! Y'all make me feel better about the mirror.
Ford said $700 plus it will need painted.
Best I've found has been $350-400 elsewhere. Makes me want to puke.

I think you insurance will cover that and the company you bought the fuel from should cover the cost !
I have already spoken to the fuel station, they are on the hook, my issue is what happens in 18 months when the fuel pump goes out or worst case scenario the motor goes kaboom! That being said, I drove it and the technician drove it and it seems fine so maybe the next 150,000 miles will be better than the first 150.

Update: Ford dealer where the truck lives says they need a new high pressure pump after replacing the low pressure pump. Truck is throwing a high pressure fuel sensor code but the dealer is saying the high pressure pump is rusted. The water was in the tank for less than 24 hours, drained and the fuel system was flushed with diesel and fuel treatment...can there still be residual water left in the fuel system to cause rust? I think the dealer in Texas saw that the truck has been in the shop for water so they are trying to make a killing on the truck. I have a truck with 6,000 miles that has had no problems from 150 miles to 5,900 miles and all of a sudden it needs a whole new fuel system. Am I wrong for being skeptical? If it is throwing a bad sensor code why would the dealer not just change the sensor and see how that works instead of jumping straight to the $10K option.

You nailed it. They want that money, and they know it's being used commercially so ya really get bent over
My neighbor bought a brand new superduty dually in 2018 or 2019. It's the latest body style. Anyways it had about 6k on it and threw a def code. Took it to dealer and they claimed he was running Offroad diesel fuel in it and his warranty was voided. They gave him a clear plastic bottle of the fuel they drained out. It was greenish in color, they said it was Offroad fuel. Well Offroad fuel is red not green. I told him him I fuel all over the place and I've seen all different colors of fuel. Depending on season and area I'm in. I told him that was bs and green fuel is very common. They called ford directly and the dealer replaced their def system for free. Don't ever trust the dealer

Had a 2011 F-250 a few years back, it give a fuel pressure solenoid code, I found it took it off, cleaned it and put it back in and then took the fuel sensor at the opposite end of the fuel rail off and cleaned it, had some dirty looking fuel on it, little rust as well. Changed fuel filters, the one on the frame looked fine but when I took the one on the intake off, A rusty fuel and water mixture come out. After that it cleared up. Only thing that was replaced was the fuel filters. Wouldn't think water in the fuel would require a whole new fuel system

Update: Ford dealer where the truck lives says they need a new high pressure pump after replacing the low pressure pump. Truck is throwing a high pressure fuel sensor code but the dealer is saying the high pressure pump is rusted. The water was in the tank for less than 24 hours, drained and the fuel system was flushed with diesel and fuel treatment...can there still be residual water left in the fuel system to cause rust? I think the dealer in Texas saw that the truck has been in the shop for water so they are trying to make a killing on the truck. I have a truck with 6,000 miles that has had no problems from 150 miles to 5,900 miles and all of a sudden it needs a whole new fuel system. Am I wrong for being skeptical? If it is throwing a bad sensor code why would the dealer not just change the sensor and see how that works instead of jumping straight to the $10K option.

Here's one for the books. We flip all of our fleet of trucks annually for our foremen and this year we went with 2020 Ford F-250 diesels that we just took delivery of them in March. One of our foremen needed to add DEF to his and accidentally put 2.5 gallons of DEF in the fuel tank. He drove it about 200 yards before it shutdown as the fuel gel'd up. Had to have it towed off site to the dealership to have it looked at and the bill came out to $8040 to drop the tank, replace all lines, pumps, etc. The truck had only 4200+- miles on it and the foreman confessed he just F'd up and put it in the wrong filler which is clearly marked with blue or green filler caps. The only saving grace to his story was that he was working the late shift of a 72 hour factory shutdown and did this at 3:30 am. :rolleyes:

Latest posts