• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ford Engine Build help

Fordfilly

I live in the Olympia area and have a '79 Ford Bronco with a sick 351.

I am looking for reputable machine shop or engine rebuilder to make that engine into a 400 or 408 power house.

Does anyone know of a reputable shop they could suggest?

I can get a kit from Tim Meyer Inc. but I need a good shop to build it.

I live in the Olympia area and have a '79 Ford Bronco with a sick 351.

I am looking for reputable machine shop or engine rebuilder to make that engine into a 400 or 408 power house.

Does anyone know of a reputable shop they could suggest?

I can get a kit from Tim Meyer Inc. but I need a good shop to build it.

If your willing to drive a little while, i would say go to Action Machine Shop in shoreline! They do killer work there!

Machine Shop

Take it to National Machine off of Lilly Rd. Between Pacific Ave and Martin Way. Right behind the fast fuel place. Ask for Paul he's the owner. Tell him what you need done. He'll take care of you.

Ive been with them from day one, they have built over 10 motors for me. From Stockers to Strokers. Plus they are very good when it comes to customer satisfaction.
Rgds,
Dennis

Thanks guys and I've already talked with Action and I had previously talked with National but didn't get a overwhelming feeling of customer service. I, being a woman, like it when I'm talked to as if I'm not stupid or I'm wasting their time and I kind of felt that when I called National.

I was told basically, "I have a 400 sitting on the shelve that you can have", so I didn't feel that I was worth the time to really look at all of my wants/needs and see what they could personally build just for me.

I want my Bronco to kick arse, so I want someone to talk with me and spend some quality time to ensure I am happy.:awesomework:

Take the 400. The stock 351M is a boat anchor.. best used for donating itself to becoming a 400.

Have them use a pre 1972 400 timing set for it, so the cam isn't retarded in timing.

I havne't had national build any motors for me... but the flywheel they turned looked good. :redneck:

If you want a custom motor, go to Bud's Machine in Lakewood.

I have thought about the 460 route but I have almost all new parts on my 351, so I don't want the expense of having to buy all new stuff on top of all the rest I am forking out just for the build.

National

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with National. I'll stop by there and talk to Paul (The Owner) about it. I never deal to much with the hired help around there and would be pissed myself if I were treated like that. I'm actually pissed that they treated you like that. I know it wont change anything regarding your first experience with them, but I will personally bring it up to him.
Again Sorry You Had A Bad Experience.
Rgds,
Dennis

Latest posts