• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ford Kingpin knuckle plating

tcDawg

Anyone use the DIY4x Ford Kingpin knuckle plate kit? See the pic below, I can't figure out which piece goes where??? Asked DIY4x and they said they had a YouTube video but that video must be a Chevy knuckle because the pieces they use in that video are different than what I have.

Anyone have experience here? And no, that knuckle is not prepped for welding yet!

IMG_8215.jpg

tcDawg

Thanks

Your suggestions are about the only way I see them fitting, but some of those parts(specifically the L shaped piece) don't seem to fit worth a darn. I know they parts will take a little heat and a hammer to manipulate a little...just wanted to see if anyone could confirm the right placement.

TBItoy

I bet it takes a lot of heat and hammering.

I'm not so sure of which way the bends are supposed to go? If they are meant to sorta "pre-fit" on the knuckle, or if they are are supposed to bend outward then be worked down? I probably have the opposite bend angle of each piece on the knuckle :****:

tcDawg

A guy on Pirate 4x4 Facebook sent me pictures of his. I was close...and so were you. Some of the pieces appear to take a good bit of bending. I think I'm good.

ridered3

Not Rigless
A guy on Pirate 4x4 Facebook sent me pictures of his. I was close...and so were you. Some of the pieces appear to take a good bit of bending. I think I'm good.
Whenever you get a chance, post that picture of the right orientation from the person on Pirate.

Also, I think it would be interesting to see what all all of a hassle it is to plate the knuckles too.

Zjman

Pretty sure that’s one I used on mine and my spare knuckles. Might be different brand but same concept. Definitely takes some tweaking to get it right. I don’t have any pics on this phone unfortunately. Make sure ya pre heat and wrap em up when done

Primary

HardlineCrawlers Assistant
Here are some related products that HardlineCrawlers members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to HardlineCrawlers’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to HardlineCrawlers discussions about these products.

Latest posts