• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fords new 7.3 v8 gas motor

I have a titan XD gasser that is enough for my occasional pulling, but I was intrigued by the big 7.3 gasser....

until I listened to a YouTube review where a mid level trim 7.3 truck msrp is 68k. That's rich man diesel money. No damn way I'd pay that for a gas truck
Have you priced loaded up F150s? Yeeeeaaaaahhh......

Have you priced loaded up F150s? Yeeeeaaaaahhh......

Nope. I can't believe where the prices are going. My Datsun has its faults but it was $34k brand new. Hopefully it hangs in there for 200k before needing to retire. At that point there is no telling what will be a good buy. Might actually be an electric truck by then

I read an article the other day where some Ford **** said, People are happy to pay all this money, for the tech we are giving them. I am sorry but a lot of people would rather have a truck without all that BS.
I agree on a lot of this. Some of the tech is nice and/or helpful. But a lot of it is BS. Back-up trailer support? I'll pass

Personally I would rather they invest in reliability over more technology, but I feel like that wouldn't help sales overall. So many people want more flash and gadgets.

Read that Magnitude Performance is developing a kit to swap the 7.3 directly in place of an LS...

So I seen a guy at the gas station earlier driving a F-250 with the 7.3 gas burner in it. I asked him about the power and gas mileage. He says it was getting around 13 mpg before he put 37's on it, now it's getting 12. He said it really doesn't have as much low end torque as he thought it would, but it's really strong in the mid range, around 3000-3500 rpms.

Latest posts