• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FORScan anyone?

creepycrawly

Anybody on here in NW Florida or Alabama have FORScan or work in a Ford service department? I've got a 13 F150 and I need the factory trailer brake controller enabled. My local dealers want $110-135 to do 5 minutes of button pushing.

I realize they have to keep the doors open and buy tools, but that's steep. Hoping someone has access and works for reasonable rates.

creepycrawly said:
Anybody on here in NW Florida or Alabama have FORScan or work in a Ford service department? I've got a 13 F150 and I need the factory trailer brake controller enabled. My local dealers want $110-135 to do 5 minutes of button pushing.

I realize they have to keep the doors open and buy tools, but that's steep. Hoping someone has access and works for reasonable rates.

If you don't have any luck here, google Ford forums, sign up an account at the biggest one and make friends. Almost always dealer techs on those sites. I was on a Mopar site the other day doing research and almost the exact same thing came up where a guy needed something enabled by a dealer. There was a Mopar tech that responded and took care of it for him.

You can buy the adapter for 35 bucks off of Amazon and do it yourself, also lots of other stuff to play with in the settings.

Beerj said:
So the truck comes equipped but not enabled? That just seems silly to me.

No, it just comes prewired so you slap a factory controller in it, change the last 3 feet of harness which is plug and play and it's ready to rock after you turn it on in the BCM

noshoes said:
You can buy the adapter for 35 bucks off of Amazon and do it yourself, also lots of other stuff to play with in the settings.

You're absolutely correct. The problem is I don't own a PC and the software isn't Mac compatible.

And I poked around a little on the ford forums and may wind up there. I just hate being the FNG who only creates an account because he needs something. I just thought I'd ask here since I know more than a handful of hardliners in real life.

There was a guy on here who owned a ford dealership that responded to a thread tony Bolton started looking for a mustang intake I believe. Might look that thread up and pm him, thinking he was in Georgia though but he may be able to hook ya up in ur area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

creepycrawly said:
You're absolutely correct. The problem is I don't own a PC and the software isn't Mac compatible.

I know it won't really help you, but bootcamp and parallel desktop are 2 good mac software that will let you run a windows based software on your mac computer.

I use parallel a lot for CAD on my Mac.