• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fox Sports1? No Speed?

xjcrawler

WTF?? Where are we going to see shows like Ultimate Adventure, Lucas on The Edge, Gearz, Barrett Jackson :dunno:

ridered3 said:
Dish still has Speed Channel thankfully.

That is only till the contract is up. Its only reruns from what I believe till then anyways. Then it too will swap to Fox Sports1.

Its not a cable company thing. Fox owned the speed channel and they are the ones that killed it off and changed the name.

Re: Re: Fox Sports1? No Speed?

toreadorranger said:
That is only till the contract is up. Its only reruns from what I believe till then anyways. Then it too will swap to Fox Sports1.

Its not a cable company thing. Fox owned the speed channel and they are the ones that killed it off and changed the name.

Well crap!!!

tonybolton said:
So whats expected to be the main reason and changes?

More NASCAR and Michael Waltrips ****** ass lisp?

Fox got the 2014 and into the future contract for all things NASCAR which means coverage of it on Sportscenter has all but ended next year.

Guess Fox is wanting to be the next ESPN.

Speed is one of those channels that you might watch 2-3 hours a week, tops. 30 min of Barrett Jackson, last 15 laps of the trucks race, a LOORS race or two, and the first 1:21 of Gearz before you see it's a rerun. Don't get me wrong, it's damn good filler, but it's easily replaced.

I agree, but I have no use for fagball or buttball so seeing another channel go to that crap just sucks. I prefer it to have tits or wheels and in the winter time Speed was all we had.

Any of you guys get MAVTV? They seem to have some good stuff. Lucas oil off road racing on right now. Ch 214 in Knoxville on DirectTV

tonybolton said:
Any of you guys get MAVTV? They seem to have some good stuff. Lucas oil off road racing on right now. Ch 214 in Knoxville on DirectTV

Just flipped over to that channel and I have it on my basic Direct TV package, I hate not knowing about decent channels, only to randomly find them, just found the Persuit channel last year.

OK so this morning they were showing golf. This sucks. I miss my car shows. Reruns or not I'm not a jock and don't give a **** about most sports. That was the only motorsports channel we had on commycast.

Charter just did the same change here, time to look into dish again I guess

If I understand the commercial correctly MAV tv is owned by Lucas oil. And spike still plays all the lame ass replays of trucks xrreme 4x4 and so on on Sundays.

Spike is also going away.

Some of the car shows are moving to GAC. Versus has some as well.

I'll have to look and see if I have 214 MAVTV but I hope so!! The new Fox sports 1 and fox sports 2 (219 and 618 on direct Tv) are not a replacement for speed.

I sure hope its not true that spike is leaving as well......if that happens I certainly cancel my direct tv and get cheap ole basic cable. Spike, speed, Discovery and History are about all I watch!! I can two the only two left (if spike is leaving) with just about anything.

Blase said:
I'll have to look and see if I have 214 MAVTV but I hope so!! The new Fox sports 1 and fox sports 2 (219 and 618 on direct Tv) are not a replacement for speed.

They are not a replacement, but they will be "replacing" speed. Like said above, once speeds contracts end it will disapear.