• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Front end?

CentralGrand

My bro-in-law owns a 98 Ford Ranger 4x4 w/ roughly 140k. He claims he is spuing oil out of the breather valve that extends about 2 feet into the wheel well. In addition I guess it's leaking out the tube on the long side of the wishbone. Bearing and seals are good.... Has enyone had this problem w/ a Ranger or anything else and how'd you fix it? I guess he said a mechanic told him Expeditions had the same problem since in all of Fords wisdom they put the breather valves on the long side of the tube, and they have had to relocate the breathers.... BUT I thought Expeditions were just basic IFS instead of wishbone???? Anyways,

Any help would be great.

:corn: :rolleyes: :corn: :rolleyes:

Spew

You may want to check the crank case vent if it is not venting, it creates pressure that has to escape somehow.bad rings will also create blow by,you should be able to have the breather cap off when it runs,if it is blowing a lot of air out,you have either a cracked piston or bad rings,good luck!

You may want to check the crank case vent if it is not venting, it creates pressure that has to escape somehow.bad rings will also create blow by,you should be able to have the breather cap off when it runs,if it is blowing a lot of air out,you have either a cracked piston or bad rings,good luck!

not the engine bro.....the differential. nice try though:masturbanana[1]: