what is compatible with a amc 360

• I hate this carb

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • help me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlueBa

blueba jr
Just recently traded blueba for a 88 yj with a 360 amc and its got a four barrel eldebrock carburetor that is horrible on hills. This thing is going to kill us! It runs awesome on level ground but I cant even climb a ditch. Anyone know what to get to convert it? Besides the 1200 dollar Howell kit.

I put throttle body Chevy on my 360 Amc. I have no complaints do web search and u can get al info. I had help from smart friends but it is not hard.

If you can go with FI that would be the best but if you need to save some dollars there are some carbs that do well offroad. I had the same issue with edelbrock carbs on hills, I switched to Holly's truck avenger 670 and all was good. If the AMC 360 is stock or mostly stock then you will want to run their next smaller carb but you will be much happier with it. I am not much help on the FI system

Take the edelbrock off, stuff a $20 bill inside of it and throw it in the river. :eek: Then you can say you threw something away! :****: ( same applies for the holley truck avengers too).

If you want a cheap way out, spend $450-$500 or so, on a 425impco and vaporizer, tank and lines, and be done with it thumb.gif