• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel pressure guage

baldduck74

Still got a few pieces to purchase for fuel system, I have goat built tank set up for factory sending unit, have the sender. Going returnless using the vette filter/regulator, feeding a holley fuel rail on a flipped truck intake.
I know it's a dumb question but where would be the best spot for gauge before filter, rite after filter, or up on the rail ?
I'd prefer it around tank for ease of reading

Still got a few pieces to purchase for fuel system, I have goat built tank set up for factory sending unit, have the sender. Going returnless using the vette filter/regulator, feeding a holley fuel rail on a flipped truck intake.
I know it's a dumb question but where would be the best spot for gauge before filter, rite after filter, or up on the rail ?
I'd prefer it around tank for ease of reading
20220920_192904.jpg
20220920_192848.jpg

i have mine on the rail. figure I don't need to really look at it unless I'm having issues so under the hood seemed to make sense

You need to read the pressure at the rail. That is the point that matters the most. The fuel pump could put out 80psi, but the regulator is going to automatically bring that down to 57. If you have a clogged filter you could end up less than that. BTW the corvette pressure regulator/filter has a return line on it that needs to be routed back to the tank. On my system, I just bought a male/female -6 with provision for a fuel filter on it. I just put it in when i need to check pressures, rest of the time i leave it in the tool box.

You need to read the pressure at the rail. That is the point that matters the most. The fuel pump could put out 80psi, but the regulator is going to automatically bring that down to 57. If you have a clogged filter you could end up less than that. BTW the corvette pressure regulator/filter has a return line on it that needs to be routed back to the tank. On my system, I just bought a male/female -6 with provision for a fuel filter on it. I just put it in when i need to check pressures, rest of the time i leave it in the tool box.
Yeah, I bought a full kit, from hot rod fuelhose. And a few extra fittings.
That's the part makes it make sense now, I under/over think alot of the little things.

Any issues with the holley hydromat in offroad community popped up now that it's been out for awhile?

Any issues with the holley hydromat in offroad community popped up now that it's been out for awhile?
I personally installed 3 hydramat on 3 different buggies.
No issues on either.

Oldest one has been running for 5 years now.

Put one in my rig last year and love it, bebop had a great write up on installing it and I followed that and no issues whatsoever, my paws are big and hard to get it all inside to work but was well worth it, haven't ran outta fuel yet on really off camber situations

They make a fitting to install the sending unit right on the fuel rail. Very compact and that is where you want to measure. After reading it better , it looks like you want a mechanical gauge. I would vote against that. You can have a clogged filter, you have have full pressure on the lines then push the pedal and it will drop. They make affordable electronic gauges. https://www.maxtow.com/fuel-pressure-gauges/ . I have been running these for years.

Thanks for the reply, the goat built tank has a pretty good size hole to get it installed make it easier with my barely working hands.
I read Bebops write up, it's what has made me want to go that route, was just on how it was working out, good to know it's worth what they want for it

I have that one in my goatbuilt tank

Clips directly to the intank fuel pump.

Even easier to install than what I showed in my write up.

I ran the tank completely empty once. There was 0 fuel left. This thing works amazing.

Another great thing about the fuel mat is that it also serves as a filter. I'm sure some very small stuff could get through but not much

Latest posts