• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel which would you buy? for a buggy

EOR MFG

Ok I dismantled my Truck to build a buggy at the shop on the quickness it will be mine only for test purposes... more details on it later
But my question is if you were going to buy a buggy would propane be something that would keep you from buying a buggy or would you rather have the vapor

I prefer Propane for it simplicity personally but have built many rigs for customers running either types of fuel

This particular platform will be running an Ls1 so what are your thoughts stock fuel or propane?

Thanks, Jimmy

Personally I do not like propane, the smell really gets to me for some reason. I'm also a little nervous about damaging the tank and ka-boom, but I'm not sure how likely that is. Plus it's nice to be able to get fuel anywhere so I prefer gasoline.

My only consideration for propane was a way for me to do away with the carb on my CJ. I would personally put gasoline injection up there on the level of one of the greatest things since sliced bread and propane wouldn't even enter the picture. thumb.gif

Did not effect my decision on buying the single seater. But, it was the first thing taken off and offer up for sale. And I would not sell it to anyone I ride with. I don't like the smell of it.

Thats three votes for injection

you guys are really going to hate my personal ride but its way better for what i have planned

I've had both setups before... I would have to say gasoline. I was in Tellico one fall and I almost ran out of propane. There was nobody that would/could fill up my tanks (fork lift Tanks) on a saturday. I got lucky and didn't run out completely but was dang near close. I always carried 4-5 extra tanks everywhere I went. If I'd had gasoline could have filled up and went on my way without worrying about having to cut my jeep off everytime we stopped, even for just a few minutes.

pane requires more planning ahead and the smell sucks. I also don't like the looks of the bottle. They cannot be hidden very well and they are an eye sore on most rigs IMO.

Are you doing this to that green CJ buggy you have Jimmy? That thing is bangin!!!

No Sir thats a borrowed rig this one is ground up just a roller in the shop now I have been working night and day for about a week now

YOu own a shop and have an image to uphold. IMO, propane looks like you cut a corner.

I can understand some folks being scared of fuel injection, but with the moder motors, they are plug in and forget. I have been running GM motors in my rigs for years and the EFI has never let me down. Not once.

wngrog said:
YOu own a shop and have an image to uphold. IMO, propane looks like you cut a corner.

I can understand some folks being scared of fuel injection, but with the moder motors, they are plug in and forget. I have been running GM motors in my rigs for years and the EFI has never let me down. Not once.

I can see this to a point but in certain instances I would say it may work better my motor for example would require alot of work and unneeded complication to run on gas ... TT8.1 I like the fact that if you have spark and fuel in the tanks you are running and at 105+ octane

but in this case I will be keeping the factory injection setup it is actually less expensive than converting over to the pane. I am not down on fuel injection my past four rigs have been fuel injected. Obviously the majority favor it, but was more wondering how many actually preferred the pane.

that's what I was going to say. if you have an old school engine with some compression and good power you want to use, use pane. if you have no engine, buy a genIII chevy, then and flash it and be done. Only reason to run pane is for a "race engine" that needs some octane and will be hard to tune on injection.