• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuelworx gas cans

stano

FULL DISCLOSURE: THIS IS NOT MY COMPANY, NOR AM I INVESTED IN ANY WAY. I DO KNOW THE GUY WHO HAD THE INITIAL IDEA, BUT THAT'S IT. I have seen this floating around FB and thought I'd share as I know most of us haul gas when we go out for the weekend.

https://youtu.be/gsiNxM8TTRU

4a66e89c20167bb33c597a2d6958ff6f.jpg

I like my crown automotive gas cans. They fit in the smittybuilt Jerry can lockable mount and have the old school long flexible nozzle that stores stuck down in the can. The stackable feature is cool though.

Being stackable is cool but still got that dumb ass safety nozzle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have two old school Rubbermaid 6.5 gallon cans and 4 5 gallon cans... Probably had em for 20 years...
A year or so ago I snagged 25 old stock replacement spouts for em on ebay....

You can steal my truck, rv, TV, tools, etc n I'll call the cops.... I catch someone messing w those cans and they'll end up on a milk carton.

The VP racing cans are the only ones worth a crap any more. Who ever decided these new cans were gonna help the environment had never used a gas can.

stepup said:
The VP racing cans are the only ones worth a crap any more. Who ever decided these new cans were gonna help the environment had never used a gas can.

I like these. Seems like a much better on / off flow valve design and I like the placement of the valve release button. All the previous safety valve designs have been junk. First thing we do is pull those junk spouts off and throw them in the trash can, screw on an old school spout with the 20" clear hose and pop a air bleeder plug in the opposite top corner. Only downside is this method pours 5 gallons in 15 seconds or so. No telling how many times I've accidentally overflowed my tank because I didn't realize it was already time to stop pouring.

I have several VP cans but I like the ones like John G is showing because it has the handle down on the side as well instead of just one up by the top. But I do like my VP cans

The one from Summit that John posted says "This jug is not to be used with fuel". Has anyone had trouble with the plastic breaking down over time, or do you just not store fuel in it for extended periods of time?

No problem storing fuel. They can't legally sell it as a fuel jug because it doesn't have the correct "safety" nozzle and has a vent.