• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Full Force Diesel in Murfreesboro

ibrokeit

Brock Higdon- Auburn, AL
I know a lot of folks have Ford tow rigs around here. My 7.3 had gotten to the point to where if it sat overnight on a cold night unplugged, or sat a few days in 40-50 degree weather, it wouldn't crank without being plugged in a few hours. Even parking it at work at 7:30am, when I would crank it at 5:00pm, it would spit and sputter and have ZERO power until it warmed up some. I could literally feel as each injector would kick in one by one as it warmed up.

I sent Matt at Full Fore Diesel (Mattman347 on here) a message asking for advice. After quiet a few messages and a few videos of the truck cold cranking, he was pretty set on me needing a set of injectors so I decided to go with a set of Single Shot Stage 1's. Being that I live in Auburn and couldn't get up there on a weekday, he met me at the shop yesterday (on a Saturday) for an install. Dude is crazy knowledgeable on Ford Diesels and made quick work of my injector swap (while giving me a ton of info and tips about my truck/motor).

If y'all want great customer service and a great price, shoot Matt a message on here. He will get ya hooked up!

http://shop.fullforcediesel.com

This is what my truck was doing (sometimes it wouldn't start AT ALL)

(click the pic for video)

Pulling injectors

Old injectors. The orings looked terrible.

And new stage 1 single shot injectors.

Yes sir. Matt is a great guy to work with. He's helped
Me out a few times. If I need something for my truck
I will for sure go straight to Matt .

Eddyj said:
So did this fix the cold start problem completely?

I just had them swapped yesterday. It's 54 outside right now. Been sitting for 13 hours. Normally, it will starts but not be happy about it and have no power till it warms up some. I just started it and it cranked faster than any morning that I have ever cranked it and was running just like the motor was already warm. I couldn't be happier with it. :dblthumb:

My father has 2 7.3s he refuses to sell and upgrade. Been kinda fighting the cold start thing for two years.
We have replaced glow plugs, changed to larger relay, manually wired the air intake heater.

Thanks Brock for the write up! Looks like I need to invest in a belt...:/. Sorry about the slow ride in my truck, I found a chunk of rust in the sump and the filter was gross! Lol

Eddyj said:
My father has 2 7.3s he refuses to sell and upgrade. Been kinda fighting the cold start thing for two years.
We have replaced glow plugs, changed to larger relay, manually wired the air intake heater.

I was in the same boat. Was going to try to make it through this winter but it wasn't gonna happen. I had swapped to the stancor relay and checked my glow plugs previously so I knew it wasn't them.

Also, the single shots are easier on the HPOP than the factory.

marczuk said:
Yes sir. Matt is a great guy to work with. He's helped
Me out a few times. If I need something for my truck
I will for sure go straight to Matt .

Thanks Marc!! If anyone needs anything (even just questions) just shoot me a PM, I'd be glad to help.

And FYI, don't order off the website, give me a call or PM and I'll hook you up!

Mattman347 said:
Thanks Brock for the write up! Looks like I need to invest in a belt...:/. Sorry about the slow ride in my truck, I found a chunk of rust in the sump and the filter was gross! Lol

Ah how could I forget to mention. If you get injectors from Matt, you get a free ride in his personal truck! 4 high on pavement breaking all the tires loose was insane. Then he says "something isn't right. I'm only making 50 pounds of boost". Good times. Glad you figured out what was wrong.

Re: Re: Full Force Diesel in Murfreesboro

Who/where is a good place to get a Duramax trans Allison 1000 built.

Mine has 230k+ on it and is starting to limp from time to time when pulling the 34' trailer with 2 rigs when you hit a big hill and lay into it hard...

Matt, can you explain how the single shots are easier on the HPOP? I live in PA so I know all about dealing with 7.3's and cold starts but have never really looked past the glow plugs for hard start issues.

sledneck said:
Matt, can you explain how the single shots are easier on the HPOP? I live in PA so I know all about dealing with 7.3's and cold starts but have never really looked past the glow plugs for hard start issues.

I had a stancor glow plug relay and good glow plugs, but still couldn't cold crank. In south Alabama.

From what I understand, the single shots use much less oil pressure to fire the injectors than the split shots (stock). The stock injectors break up the "injection" into 2 hits of fuel, a primer shot first, then another shot. That causes the HPOP to work twice as hard.

Im sure Matt will chime in, but I think thats right.

sledneck said:

The reason a single shot injector is more efficient is because stock for stock tune the Splitshot loses some of it's cc through the pilot shot where as the single shot uses all of it cc for one main injection. It's not a pressure loss, it's more of a volume loss.

With that being said, you can use a lot of oil with single shots also if the tune keeps the pulse width of the injector on a long time meaning it stays open longer and uses a lot more oil. But the more pulse with you have the more fuel you get.

Let's say a tune with 2 ms of pulse width on both sets of injectors, they both stay open the same amount of time but the single shot will empty more fuel because it doesn't lose anything through the pilot shot like a split shot will, so technically the single shot can have less pulse width and still empty the same amount of fuel for the main power injection.

TBItoy said:
Who/where is a good place to get a Duramax trans Allison 1000 built.

Mine has 230k+ on it and is starting to limp from time to time when pulling the 34' trailer with 2 rigs when you hit a big hill and lay into it hard...

I'm not really a Duramax/Allison guy, but from what I gather Suncoast makes good parts for the Allison transmissions so you might look there.

Matt, I need to get with you about a 7.3. We have had 3 different people check the injectors and say they were good. But is hard to start after setting and doesn't pull for ****. 97 F350 5 speed with 4.56 gears and my 04 Hemi will pull Monteagle better with the same 13,000lb trailer (with my yota). It has a sputter almost miss when you lay on the throttle at 1400 rpms . It has a turbo back exhaust and a 6 position chip. The chip helped but I think it is covering up a problem. No way a diesel should be out pulled by a gas burner with a load going up the mountain

Pumpkin said:
Matt, I need to get with you about a 7.3. We have had 3 different people check the injectors and say they were good. But is hard to start after setting and doesn't pull for ****. 97 F350 5 speed with 4.56 gears and my 04 Hemi will pull Monteagle better with the same 13,000lb trailer (with my yota). It has a sputter almost miss when you lay on the throttle at 1400 rpms . It has a turbo back exhaust and a 6 position chip. The chip helped but I think it is covering up a problem. No way a diesel should be out pulled by a gas burner with a load going up the mountain

Yeah somethings not right. I can check it out for you, just need to do a quick scan and listen to the injectors and I should be able to tell you if they sound right or not. How many miles?

Good to hear there there's some solid customer service out there. It's so damn hard to find a guy who's good on that Cummins motor cause you never have to work on it. :flipoff1:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Full Force Diesel in Murfreesboro

Mattman347 said:
Yeah somethings not right. I can check it out for you, just need to do a quick scan and listen to the injectors and I should be able to tell you if they sound right or not. How many miles?
not sure in miles, are you going to AOL this weekend? If so I just drive it down there. If not I will bring it to you either the 2nd or 3rd of January

What's your thoughts on the 6.7? What's mods do you suggest? Do you guys do custom tunes for the minimaxx?

mrdrinksalil said:
Good to hear there there's some solid customer service out there. It's so damn hard to find a guy who's good on that Cummins motor cause you never have to work on it. :flipoff1:

Yeah we never have any common rail trucks or vp44 trucks in the shop, nor do we ever see the 12 valve with leaking front covers and melted #6 pistons... Lol.