• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Full hydro steering?

Dirt700 said:
It's a cbr xr series. And I can get most of the fittings thru work, so that saves some money.

One of these days I'm going to have to shake your hand, you have answered a **** ton of questions for me here recently, thank you.

Yeah That's a high flow deal. I'm sure people are running -6 hose and fittings with it, but I wouldn't. A 90 degree -6 fitting can choke your flow enough that you can feel it at high speed, as in trying to crank the wheel and it just won't turn any faster.

I'm assuming you are running a 2.5" (or larger) ram and 160CC/Rev (or larger) orbital?

TBItoy said:
Yeah That's a high flow deal. I'm sure people are running -6 hose and fittings with it, but I wouldn't. A 90 degree -6 fitting can choke your flow enough that you can feel it at high speed, as in trying to crank the wheel and it just won't turn any faster.

I'm assuming you are running a 2.5" (or larger) ram and 160CC/Rev (or larger) orbital?
2.5x8 ram 156cc/9.7ci orbital

Dirt700 said:
2.5x8 ram 156cc/9.7ci orbital

How much steering angle can you achieve on your 05+ SD 60 with the 8in. stroke? What is the distance from your ball joint centerline to the heim joint centerline on your steering arm? I'll be going down this path in the next month or two.

waggener1 said:
How much steering angle can you achieve on your 05+ SD 60 with the 8in. stroke? What is the distance from your ball joint centerline to the heim joint centerline on your steering arm? I'll be going down this path in the next month or two.
Knuckles should be back next week, I hope. I can measure then and let you know. I will have rcv axles, so I'm hoping for around the 45° mark. BeerJ may chime in, he has a sd 60 front also, he probably knows the answer.

TBItoy said:
If you€™re running a high flow pump I€™d consider stepping up to -8 on pressure hoses and -10 on cooler hoses. Especially on with long hoses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I would highly suggest moving up to -8 fittings and hose for the whole system.

leeadam94 said:
Yes I would highly suggest moving up to -8 fittings and hose for the whole system.

I got all my -8 fittings for orbital, I just have to get one 8mb x 10mj for orbital to res. And I need two 3/8 x-10 for res.

#8 hydraulic hose is pretty big

If anyone has a link to a 3/8 x -10 an for my cooler would be great. I have searched. I looked 10 jic and 5/8 jic also. I found a 3/8 x -8an was all

Well just talked to Lee, I will probably have to drill and res. for a larger whole. And I have to even see if this reservoir will fit it's 24"

Dirt700 said:
If anyone has a link to a 3/8 x -10 an for my cooler would be great. I have searched. I looked 10 jic and 5/8 jic also. I found a 3/8 x -8an was all

https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/product_p/2404-10-06.htm

Discount hydraulic hose has everything

Latest posts