• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

garage door openers

marczuk

What are you guys using for openers? I have a 10x10 Jack shaft door. Would like a key fob of some kind to keep in the truck.

cb4020

Not sure what you mean by jack shaft but, if its a regular 10x10 sectional garage door i would go with a Liftmaster 8500w. They are a side mounted operator and come with 2 remotes, keyless entry, battery back up, premium wall console, and are WIFI capable so use can use your phone to control it also.

marczuk

Do they work well? This is what I’ve seen. Didn’t know if there was other options.

jeeptj99

call someone that does a lot of commercial stuff if you can find one near you. Redneck is right liftmaster is the way to go. Used to install a lot of them when I worked for a guy doing repairs on commercial stuff. We rarely got called out because a liftmaster failed, unless someone was being dumb, but the other brands we were constantly fixing ****.

kvom

I have had two 10x10 doors with Liftmaster jackshaft drives for the past 13 years. Works perfectly every time.

whiskeymakin

I run a couple of these like mentioned above. My only complaint is i dont have the light option....its worth the extra few bucks unless you mount a indoor motion light like i did. Id still rather have the opener to have its own light. I didnt realize how useful that light was until you stumble thru a messy ass shop in the dark.
These are mounted on 16x10 doors and have worked great so far

Sawzall

The guy who installed my16x12 door talked me out of a jackshaft opener. He said that he had seen the shaft twist on the big doors causing it to operate unevenly and bind. I like them better than a chain drive but was afraid not to take his advice.

jeeptj99

The guy who installed my16x12 door talked me out of a jackshaft opener. He said that he had seen the shaft twist on the big doors causing it to operate unevenly and bind. I like them better than a chain drive but was afraid not to take his advice.

sounds like a lazy install guy who couldnt get the cable and springs right.

Sawzall

sounds like a lazy install guy who couldnt get the cable and springs right.

No, they installed the door about 4 years before I had them to come back and install the opener. They do great work and do a lot of installs in my area. He just said he had seen the shaft twist after extended use on a wide heavy door. It doesn't sound like a widespread problem if others are not having the issue.

jeeptj99

No, they installed the door about 4 years before I had them to come back and install the opener. They do great work and do a lot of installs in my area. He just said he had seen the shaft twist after extended use on a wide heavy door. It doesn't sound like a widespread problem if others are not having the issue.

man idk. I put single jack shaft openers on ups doors that were 20-24’ wide I don’t recall having any issues.

Primary

HardlineCrawlers Assistant
Here are some related products that HardlineCrawlers members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to HardlineCrawlers’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to HardlineCrawlers discussions about these products.