• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gas Golf Carts

I'd recommend a gas one if you are covering a lot of ground and have any hilly terrain. My electric one won't do as good as my neighbors gas one. I may have a dead battery, not sure but the gas one goes surprisingly well.
Yes on your original question.....yamaha from what I've seen is hard to beat. If you have a lift be careful with adding oil. I think the motor gets tilted and the dipstick doesn't read right. Shows like you would be low on oil. It causes some issues if it gets overfilled!

I tried an ezgo electric first, not for me. I bought a gas yamaha and put a clutch kit on it. I cover a lot of ground and have hills and mud. It pulls great with me, the family and usually a bunch of corn. I'd go gas for sure.

I looked at this option before buying my Ranger. Most of the gas carts i seen were high as a cat's back. Keep us posted on what you find ????

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I hunted with a guy that had an electric ranger. That thing was bad ass. I want one pretty bad. Electric lockers 3 different speeds and tough as nails. Of course it depends on what modes you use but i could see one going a good solid 12 hours in medium speed unlocked diff. It would last about 3 weeks hauling us to stands on 300 acres but we only hunted 2 days a week

The DC electric carts being slow on hills is why I went with the RXV. The AC drive on the RXV and newer Yamaha 48v carts, doesn't lag at top speed on hills like the DC carts. It DOES lack a little of the take off and pulling power of the DC carts, but just flat out running, mine does 19-21mph almost everywhere. We use it for camping at Disney's Ft. Wilderness a lot and love it.

My vote is the gas one we take ours to Dixie Run every year and the Redneck Rumble.
Great for riding around and drinking beer. :drinkers:

Sounds like to me, it's just according what you are going to do with it, if your going to ride kids around the neighborhood, go electric, going to use it like a small 4x4 truck, go gas.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Mines like a 1992 Yamaha. It's a single cylinder so it's most def not going to get you there first but will get you there every time. It's a 4 stroke I put gas in it once maybe twice a year. In drag racing you learn quick electric golf carts do not cut it. I keep saying every winter I'm going to upgrade golf carts this race season but never do. Mine has been so reliable I hate to change to something else. But after riding my friends newer twin cyl a few times it's almost painful to ride my slow but steady cart.

The electric ones that seem extremely cheap usually mean you will spend 2x the purchase price to replace batteries. I'd highly suggest gas. Mine will sit 3-4 months during the winter and at most I'll put it on a trickle charger at beginning of race season and it's set all year then.

BUG-E J said:
I hunted with a guy that had an electric ranger. That thing was bad ass. I want one pretty bad. Electric lockers 3 different speeds and tough as nails. Of course it depends on what modes you use but i could see one going a good solid 12 hours in medium speed unlocked diff. It would last about 3 weeks hauling us to stands on 300 acres but we only hunted 2 days a week

I've been wondering about those. I'd love the hell out of a quiet electric Ranger, I'm just nervous about being stuck out somewhere with no power. How did it pull?

I'm not a banshee and am just looking for a good get around option. How did you guys charge it? I'd like to be able to just hook the thing up to a genny back at camp so I don't have to worry the next day.

customcj7 said:
I've been wondering about those. I'd love the hell out of a quiet electric Ranger, I'm just nervous about being stuck out somewhere with no power. How did it pull?

I'm not a banshee and am just looking for a good get around option. How did you guys charge it? I'd like to be able to just hook the thing up to a genny back at camp so I don't have to worry the next day.
We would haul it back to my house and plug it up. It has a regular 110 plug in and had an on board charger. As far as power i dont think you could bog it. There was a bad washed out spot on his land and the first time we drove off in it i was thinking well he is about to destroy an axle or stick this thing and it never checked up. Ill have one one day. It was actually an amazing machine.

Here it is. No telling how many miles we have put on it in the last week.

Attachments

• output(3).jpg
    output(3).jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 73
Damn loaded out chevy, nice golf cart, and a spotless3 car garage. Must be nice