• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gas in the Diesel!

Mix it down to 10% and rock out. That is what they allow at gas stations.

There is a refinery in Birmingham that buys mixed gas. Pay about a 1/3 for it.

Some of the bigger stations can pump it out and drop at a bunch of different tanks to get it down to 10%

Re:

We had a driver dump 8000 gallons of straight ethanol into a 20,000 gallon tank of regular unleaded and they didn't realize it until cars started breaking down. Cost us a few hundred thousand to fix everybody's cars.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Marc72 said:
What did you guys usually end up doing?

Drained tanks, flushed lines, changed filters and hoped for the best from there. It was rare that anything else was damaged. Rarely we couldn't get an injector pump to prime again and had to replace them. We replaced one engine once but it was in a clapped out old oil field truck that probably hadn't ever seen an oil change with like 300,000 miles. We all agreed that one had it coming regardless of the gas. Most of the trucks wouldn't even run good enough to get them into the shop. They had to be towed.

Had a forklift, that one of the mexicans filled up with gas. It was running like ****. Drained the tank and replaced the filter. Filled it up desiel and have not had a issue yet. Been about 6 months.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ROKTOY829 said:
Had a forklift, that one of the mexicans filled up with gas. It was running like ****. Drained the tank and replaced the filter. Filled it up desiel and have not had a issue yet. Been about 6 months.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Some of my in-laws egg help put hydraulic fluid into their cat skid steer. But they put it in the engine coolant reservior...

Have heard of diesel fuel in cat skid steer hydraulic tank at work probably 2 or 3 times.

Mother in law filled her 07 f250 6.0 with gas. It was almost empty when she filled drove it about 2 miles home said it was smoking and acting weird. I drained it replaced filters and it smoked some at first but 10-15 min later it was fine. Has ran fine ever since

Gotcha. We don't have chicken farms around here so that's why it didn't make any sense. I was amazed at how many chicken farms that are in Alabama.

I dropped it off. They already have two trucks from the same station. When they pulled samples of the fuel, they looked like coffee. Guess what... So does mine! :mad: They said they're going to drain the big aux tank and drop the truck tank to clean it out. Change the filters, refill it and see how she runs. The service guy told me that the two other trucks were getting injectors as well. That's a cab off project. He assures me that it'll be done before the Dixie Run. The wife followed me over in her convertible and told me the truck smelled like a big bag of ****! Just the drain, flush and refill is about 1K! :eek: Take that Racetrac!

Marc72 said:
I dropped it off. They already have two trucks from the same station. When they pulled samples of the fuel, they looked like coffee. Guess what... So does mine! :mad: They said they're going to drain the big aux tank and drop the truck tank to clean it out. Change the filters, refill it and see how she runs. The service guy told me that the two other trucks were getting injectors as well. That's a cab off project. He assures me that it'll be done before the Dixie Run. The wife followed me over in her convertible and told me the truck smelled like a big bag of ****! Just the drain, flush and refill is about 1K! :eek: Take that Racetrac!

I wonder if that drivers keeps his job.

Our food truck guys have keys to our stores and sometimes deliver before we get here. They always prop the door to our walk-in cooler open while they load stuff in there. A few years ago we had some smart ones who forgot to close the cooler door before they left. Well, its several hours before we normally get there. Everything in there got too hot and we had to throw it all away. Our supplier cut us a $15,000 check and sent another truck the same day from Atlanta with resupply. They let those drivers keep their jobs and they did it the VERY NEXT WEEK again! Still didn't fire them so and they did it a third time a month later! Each time was $15,000 and a special delivery. Even then they still didn't fire them, they just took them off our route, like it was something about our store that was causing it to happen!!! LOL!

What's even more ****ed up is that the guys who did it were black. They got replaced with two different teams. One team is white, the other is black again. And they let the white guys still deliver with the key, but not the black guys! It wasn't even the same black guys!!! LOL!

Marc72 said:

Hope they get done in time for the Dixie Run. Racetrac should also pay for your time and being without you truck!

86chevota said:
Hope they get done in time for the Dixie Run. Racetrac should also pay for your time and being without you truck!

They should! But I'll be happy if I break even! Sad that's what we've come to expect from Customer Service... As long as the ****ing isn't too bad, it's a win! :spin:

patooyee said:

Our food truck guys have keys to our stores and sometimes deliver before we get here. They always prop the door to our walk-in cooler open while they load stuff in there. A few years ago we had some smart ones who forgot to close the cooler door before they left. Well, its several hours before we normally get there. Everything in there got too hot and we had to throw it all away. Our supplier cut us a $15,000 check and sent another truck the same day from Atlanta with resupply. They let those drivers keep their jobs and they did it the VERY NEXT WEEK again! Still didn't fire them so and they did it a third time a month later! Each time was $15,000 and a special delivery. Even then they still didn't fire them, they just took them off our route, like it was something about our store that was causing it to happen!!! LOL!

What's even more ****ed up is that the guys who did it were black. They got replaced with two different teams. One team is white, the other is black again. And they let the white guys still deliver with the key, but not the black guys! It wasn't even the same black guys!!! LOL!

That's crazy! I'd guess it's because insurance covers it. It amazes me how much money I've seen just "written off" in my life time. Good to be the kings I guess!

They assure me it'll be done. I'm supposed to be doing a day trip to Choco this Saturday. He "thinks" it'll be done for that. I told them I could live without it. Just make sure I get to the DIXIE!

Re: Re: Gas in the Diesel!

patooyee said:

Our company policy on cross drops like that seems to be that if you don't realize you did it and leave the station then you're gone. If you catch it in time to go to the store and have the pumps turned off before it screws anything up then you might get to keep your job.

onepieceatatime said:
Our company policy on cross drops like that seems to be that if you don't realize you did it and leave the station then you're gone. If you catch it in time to go to the store and have the pumps turned off before it screws anything up then you might get to keep your job.

How often would you say it happens?

patooyee said:
How often would you say it happens?

More then you would think. My FIL is in the fuel hauling business. Like I said if you can catch it and pump and spread it out all over town you might be ok.

A small trucking company and a couple cross drops will put you out of business. Eat up all your money or ins will drop you if you claim.

Latest posts