• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gas

Pumpkin

Little Birdy told me that starting in the morning Friday Sept 12th, gas is going up almost a dollar a gallon within a day or so. :eek: This is due to the fact they shut everything down in Texas and the Gulf for IKE. Then you add to the fact that OPEC cut oil production on the 10th because they were losing money Yes thats right since oil went down to the low hundred dollar a barrel they was losing money because they was not getting the $150 a barrel so they cut it to raise it all back up. I say we dont buy any oil from OPEC for about 2years (pull oil out of our reserves) then it will be name your price.

I live here in southern illinios, i first heard of the increase from a buddy in Chattanooga Tn about 4:30 . since then every gas station here in town (all 7) have been packed. The manager at one of the Shell stations i know said he was told to expect $ 5.20 range by 9.00 a.m. Friday morning. I was speaking earler to a gal i know at a Applebees and she claimed two waitresses walked out around 6 this evening claiming it wasnt worth the drive if gas would be in the $5 buck range.
Gas currently here in town is $3.66 a gallon. Is this the begining of the end?

Come on guys.

I will be very surprised if this happens. Gas went down after Gustav.

They will use the Strategic Oil Reserve to keep this from getting out of control. That is what it is for.

I don't doubt it will go up, but "Beginning of the End"

WTF? ::)

Nothing changed here... I was the only one at the pump this AM and I still paid 3.58 :dunno:

Dont believe the hype :flipoff1:

Went out for some breakfast grub and gas that was 3.53 was 3.99 this morning. The camel jockey had it for 3.53 and was lined up to the road so I pulled in to fill up and about mid fill up he brought out the 99 to change the sign.

gas has moved to 3.99 from 3.59 last night, however diesel, stayed the same... its obvious that local stations are out to **** the consumer, but i think they reserve themselves to **** w/ the truckers... i might be driving the dually for a few days....

Deep South said:
People feed the panic and local stores will run out.. craziness :dunno:

I got half a tank, so unless I need beer I wont be stopping until next week :flipgotcha:

same boat but it takes me damn near 1/4 of a tank to get to work and back and i was on just a little over a 1/4 so you gotta get why the getting is good.

No change here so far. Wifes unit is full as is the fourwheeler. The f150 is on e and it can just sit there for now. I have to fill up the five fitty daily and it has been around $130-$170 everytime. Damn **** is killing my profit sharing.

The only reason it's going up/running out is the morons on the radio/tv/paper making a big deal about, and people panicing to get all the gas they can get. Idiots, I hope it goes to $10 a gal for a few days.

a friend of mine says that fuel wholesale went up overnight, its speculation and supposed to go back down on monday... he says that he will let his stations run out instead of pay the higher price... if he doesnt sell it all by monday he eats the difference as the price goes back down... he said the gas futures show 2.65 wholesale a gallon, so about 2.95 or so w/ tax and markup.... **** opec and the hurricane they rode in on...

Deep South said:
People feed the panic and local stores will run out.. craziness :dunno:

I got half a tank, so unless I need beer I wont be stopping until next week :flipgotcha:

My GF texted me this morning and said one of the cheapo off brand stations looked liked the Rodney King riots all over again. I filled up Monday and get 30mpg so im good.

Yeah they are all packed here too. Some are still 3.50 and they are full with lines. Some are 3.99 and empty. I ran a 30 minute errand and when I left the station by me was 3.79, then on the way home it was 3.99. Retarded....

**** just jumped nearly 1.00 here at the fuggin airport. I filled up this AM ( because my **** was empty... ) at 3.58 and
its now at the same gas station around 4.10 ::)

Fuggin dumb

Latest posts