• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gay broken tranny....

P

If its free, its P
Only reason it broke was the bolts through the adapter were lose.... what a pain in the ass for such a simple problem, if I were able to Id safety wire these fuggers. To bad they are countersunk into the adapter.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yea , John this was after I broke the transfer case front output and I didnt put the homemade BS support back in that I made because I left the bushings in it when ORC had the transfer case and of course I got it back without them...

I **** myself every time ... :-\

I know it'll be fine and ****, its just a moral killer dealing with the stupid ****. Ill be all better after i get to spend some time playing with my "toy" this weekend and next weekend at Grayrock. Wheeling always makes me feel better. laughing1

I get all bummed out like someone kicked my best dog when the buggy isnt ready to roll.

P said:
Only reason it broke was the bolts through the adapter were lose.... what a pain in the ass for such a simple problem, if I were able to Id safety wire these fuggers. To bad they are countersunk into the adapter.
P What I did to make sure this did not happen is drill and tap the top two bolts all the way through. Then I had to grind the bootm so that I could put a nut and washer on the back side. This way at least two of the bolts can not lossen up. I all so took and cut out a plate that catches the top two or three bolts that hold the the T-case to the adapter and then attached that plate to the big hole on the top of the trans that you can see in your picture. I thought that I had some pictures but I don't and in it's current state theirs no way that I can get any untill I pull the drive train out. If you would like some pictures let me know and I'll take some in a couple of weeks when I pull it all out. Hope this makes sense.

Edit: I also tied the bottom into the stock bushing so that any "Hanging" wieght is transfered both top and bottom. Hopefully this way all the four bolt are doing is holding the to together. All other forces should be handled by the top and bottom braces.

Edit #Found a picture of the bottom brace, but not the top.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7d807b3127ccec121f822e4d300000010O03AYuGbhu4Yg9vPhI/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

**** you know it has been broken for a while, morale should be on the upside now ad you have new parts and it will be ready to ride this weekend where you were talking about January before.

Thanks again Jimmy for your inspiration!

Matt O. said:
Thanks again Jimmy for your inspiration!

Yea, P walks by grumbling and says only if he had a transmission. Within a minute, I call Joe, do you still have trans, yes ............ will you sell it to P, yes.

The look on Ps face was priceless as I threw him my phone, as we were a good 30 feet apart.

Good catch :eek:

all's you got to do is... see, that motto gets you in trouble... my method for ALL of my bolts are to blow dry the hole, clean them w/ brake cleaner, run a thread chaser in the hole, cleans all of the old loctite out, brake clean again, air dry, clean the bolts w/ a wire wheel on the grinder, clean them w/ brake cleaner and air dry, then pour on the RED loctite.... make sure you use non chlorinated brake cleaner, its the flammable stuff....

like kelly said...really the only tool you need is the slide hammer with the 3/8 bolt on the end to get the pump out....a good pair of snap ring pliers with very pointy tips is also a good one....there is one snap ring that is somewhat tough to get out after the first clutch pack is out....I took pictures of all stages and it made it a little easier for the re-install

He doesn't have to do any of that. He has a complete tranny that he has to drop in. We pulled the old last night and split the case from the tranny. He was going to clean it up at work today and the silicone and lock tite it all and reassemble.

Jimmy, P was being gay I am glad you shamed him into fixing it. You have a way with words... :flipoff1:

Sorry, I thought that was just a donor case. I am hoping that my tranny problems are over for a while now too

Blase, that is a good idea on the brace for the top...never thought of that one

Matt O. said:
Jimmy, P was being gay I am glad you shamed him into fixing it. You have a way with words... :flipoff1:
hey, i just call it like i see it... he was acting like a bitch, so i called him on it.... we'll see if that pile makes it to RBD, if not allie has a seat open... you know shes not gonna miss a ride....

draggbody said:
hey, i just call it like i see it... he was acting like a bitch, so i called him on it.... we'll see if that pile makes it to RBD, if not allie has a seat open... you know shes not gonna miss a ride....

Ouch, Jimmy takes **** talk to a new level!

no another level is when i convince allie to talk smack... that will make him feel like a man.... :flipoff1:

Latest posts