• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Glock 43 for wife?

socsmm6

Been looking for a pistol for the wife. Have not had a chance to shoot one yet. Wife has shot my 19 but says it is to heavy and does not fit her hand very good. Is the 43 a decent handling gun for the ladies or does it have to much recoil?

I'm not a glock guy personally but that's just me. And my wife having to train her on a handgun with her being left handed was gonna be difficult. Don't know how often your wife shoots or is comfortable with a pistol. So I bought mine a berreta bu9 nano. Only a trigger safety and no slide release which as I had to explain to the dumbass at gander mountain a slide release is not needed. Magazine is empty it stays racked back. Load a new magazine pull back boom it slams forward. She loves it. It comes with 2 magazines one 8 +1 one 6+1. The 8+ 1 extended is awesome. Feels great in my hand but still fits hers. Just my 2 cents not that it's worth much

I'm a Glock fan, 43 should be good for a female gun. With that said, I tried to get mine to get the little Glock .380 and she ended up liking the Ruger LC9s (9mm). In fact, so did I. So much that I also bought me a Ruger LC9s Pro. Striker fired 5 lb trigger feels identical to my Glock 22 and I enjoy shooting it. Bought mine used and it came with both the standard 7 rd magazine and also an extended 9 rd mag.

LC9s (standard model) with thumb safety (good for her carrying in her purse).

12380df08c6477821e876f3e17814c58.jpg

And my LC9s (pro model) that does not have thumb safety or the magazine discnnect safety (which means mine will fire when the magazine is dropped out, hers will not). Not that that last one matters that much.

Note difference in 7 rd mag in first pic and 9 rd mag in pic below.

8afd1ce2b7ff0645931f28ec5dcd46e3.jpg

Yeah I wanted a thumb safety bad for my wife. But that's pretty much nOn existent in a left hand gun.

Re:

The s&w shields are nice guns too. It's my favorite "carry gun" I like glock myself but the 43 doesn't fit my hand but hopefully your wife's hands aren't as big as mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The 43 is a lil snappy. You're gonna get that with any 9 that small. I have a shield but it's HEAVY for its size. The 42 is always an option unless you're against 380's.

Re: Re: Glock 43 for wife?

easleycrawler said:
My wife and I both carry the LC9. It is in my opinion the best shooting compact 9mm, comfortable to carry as well. Also, thanks JD, just ordered the 9 round magazine for mine. :dblthumb:
Yeah man, I have never been a ruger man, but when she was trying out guns at Academy, I was like "lemme hold that Ruger.....hmm, this is a surpisingly good feeling, good made gun." A month or so later, a friend of mine had the pro model for sale at a good price and I bought it for myself.

I carry a 43 and the wife has a 42.

With the addition of a grip sleeve they both feel really nice in my hand. I actually prefer the 42 for quicker follow up shots and it's usually a little cheaper. She prefers the 42 as does most of the other females that we have let shoot both.

I got mine a shield for xmas and bought myself a 43. She ended up liking the feel of 43 better so I took the m$p.

Best thing to do is take her to your local gun store and let her hold everything. Nice thing is some ranges will have 43 or surely someone you know has one she can shoot.

fitment in hand is one thing, shooting is another. Most women will like a smaller gun....fits their hand better, "seems" easier to shoot. The Ruger 380 is an "angry" little pistol. Beyond 15 yards, unusable, but still a quality gun. The Glock 43 is a great gun for a female. It's also a great gun for a backup for anyone. If you have a gun range that will let you rent the gun to shoot or have a friend that will let you borrow it for testing is the best way to tell if she will like it.
show her how to load the magazine, place it in the pistol and make it hot, safely.....let her shoot single shot.....after she feels comfortable with the pistol, then let her do a non-compliance shoot (two to the body and one to the head). That is where you know if the gun is for her or even you. Being able to shoot rapidly and keep the shots on the target, where you want them.
By the way, I'm a Glock fan......reason..... easy to maintain, easy to take apart and clean, very reliable (I have to shoot a min 500 rounds twice a year little to no ftf) simple to learn to shoot. Oh and fairly inexpensive.

rednecklights said:
I carry a 43 and the wife has a 42.

With the addition of a grip sleeve they both feel really nice in my hand. I actually prefer the 42 for quicker follow up shots and it's usually a little cheaper. She prefers the 42 as does most of the other females that we have let shoot both.
Wondered what the recoil difference was between the 42 and 43.
She doesn't shoot much and is a long way from cc. Trying to find something she is comfortable with first before I buy.

jeeptj99 said:
Best thing to do is take her to your local gun store and let her hold everything. Nice thing is some ranges will have 43 or surely someone you know has one she can shoot.
May have a friend that has one She can try out.
Checked a couple of ranges, 20 bucks to shoot , 10 bucks to rent, most are range ammo only with rented guns so there's another 20 bucks. Makes you feel like you bought one

socsmm6 said:
May have a friend that has one She can try out.
Checked a couple of ranges, 20 bucks to shoot , 10 bucks to rent, most are range ammo only with rented guns so there's another 20 bucks. Makes you feel like you bought one

Hell where are you at she can shoot mine?

socsmm6 said:
Wondered what the recoil difference was between the 42 and 43.
She doesn't shoot much and is a long way from cc. Trying to find something she is comfortable with first before I buy.

It's quite a bit more. I have both. My dad (has 42 and 19) and my GF hate shooting the 43. 42 has the lightest recoil of any auto pistol I've shot.

I have both the 42 and 43. The 43 does have noticeably more recoil but still very controllable. Wife liked shooting the 43 and was very accurate with it but was not a fan of no external thumb safely. I bought her the Ruger LC9s because it has the desired features and is a good shooting, reliable gun. Added the Lasermax green laser to it and she is a dead eye shot. Like the other posts, I recommend the LC9s and don't think you or your wife will be disappointed. She has put over 500 rounds with no malfunction.