• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Glock 43 for wife?

socsmm6 said:
Wondered what the recoil difference was between the 42 and 43.
She doesn't shoot much and is a long way from cc. Trying to find something she is comfortable with first before I buy.

It's noticeable for me , it's not a deal breaker but it's snappy. its easy to think since they are both the same (basically size) it's the same pistol with different barrels but the small differences makes a bigger difference than I imagined.

Where are you located ?

My wife has a Sig p938 9mm. It's a little snappy, but not bad, I put a pocket clip on it, and will occasionally carry it. Very accurate for no bigger than it is. I have Springfield XDS 9mm, it's super easy to shoot.

jeeptj99 said:
Hell where are you at she can shoot mine?
North Ms, long ways from you. Found one to shoot just gotta let it warm up a little to go shoot. Thanks for the offer.

I am a glock fanboy. I'm also a 9mm fanboy. We could blahblahblah all night long about ballistics, feel, whatever. I've owned a dozen Glocks and only one had a couple jams in the G39 .45 G.A.P. and even only one of the two.
I'm in the process literally right now of selling the G43 I bought when they first came out. I love it, and am making room in the line-up for another 43 FDE / Burnt Bronze unit. I'll keep it forever, because they're just that badass.

e7efd3a8d6a7ae6bde64624ed023804f.jpg

I do not have tiny hands. honestly, they aren't even small. I wear a L/XL glove. But I've never been hung up on "this grip is too small" on anything, be it guns or handlebar grips. So that said, I LOVE the 43. I love any single stack Glock because of it's smaller grip. I know men who have smaller hands than me and put grip pads on their guns. It's hard for me to shoot them. It's silly to me, not being able to handle a firearm properly is silly to me.

I bought the 43 sight unseen with my debit card before I had even held it. Birmingham Pistol Wholesale was the first place to get their first batch in the area and only two were available for general public to buy so I called and paid. Love the hell out of that little gun.

My wife carries a Springfield Xds .380. She's left handed too, and this is her favorite gun she's ever shot. She had a glock before, and was looking for another, but really liked this when she held it. She went w the .380 bc she has a ruger lcp she carries as well and didn't want to have to buy different rounds.

Attachments

• 32179.jpeg
    32179.jpeg
    622.8 KB · Views: 87
LandSpeeder said:
I am a glock fanboy. I'm also a 9mm fanboy. We could blahblahblah all night long about ballistics, feel, whatever. I've owned a dozen Glocks and only one had a couple jams in the G39 .45 G.A.P. and even only one of the two.
I'm in the process literally right now of selling the G43 I bought when they first came out. I love it, and am making room in the line-up for another 43 FDE / Burnt Bronze unit. I'll keep it forever, because they're just that badass.

e7efd3a8d6a7ae6bde64624ed023804f.jpg

I do not have tiny hands. honestly, they aren't even small. I wear a L/XL glove. But I've never been hung up on "this grip is too small" on anything, be it guns or handlebar grips. So that said, I LOVE the 43. I love any single stack Glock because of it's smaller grip. I know men who have smaller hands than me and put grip pads on their guns. It's hard for me to shoot them. It's silly to me, not being able to handle a firearm properly is silly to me.

I bought the 43 sight unseen with my debit card before I had even held it. Birmingham Pistol Wholesale was the first place to get their first batch in the area and only two were available for general public to buy so I called and paid. Love the hell out of that little gun.

Whatcha take for it ?

Re: Re: Glock 43 for wife?

TacomaJD said:
Yeah man, I have never been a ruger man, but when she was trying out guns at Academy, I was like "lemme hold that Ruger.....hmm, this is a surpisingly good feeling, good made gun." A month or so later, a friend of mine had the pro model for sale at a good price and I bought it for myself.

I got that LC9 in the black engraved Talo version. Dead sexy sweet ass gun!

Like the others have said, get her a Shield .40

I bought my wife a Glock 27. It's a nice little pistol, but the Shield is better for concealment and for a lady's sized hands.

LandSpeeder said:
I sold it to a buddy. So he got a deal. The dealers have them locally for $440. He's getting it for $350.
You should be on FB... deals to be had...

Day late and a dolla short - story of my life !

Latest posts