• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Golden Mountain for sale

Went and picked up the first CNC bent and notched Partially Committed Racing 2 seat chassis for Joshua Thomerson. 2" DOM main structure . I'll be keeping yall posted as this build comes together. Josh sold his ol buggy a little while back and has always said he would build a new one if GMP opened back up. I guess it was meant to be.

On the way home we decided to stop by Golden Mountain Motor Park and the gates happened to be open and work was getting done. Got to talk with one of the new owners for a bit. Very nice folks. It is exciting to hear their plans and see the enthusiasm they have to get things done and the park open for everyone to enjoy. It looked like Jeff Lyons and his crew have been putting in work!
Is Partially Committed going to start selling these chassis on the regular?

Went and picked up the first CNC bent and notched Partially Committed Racing 2 seat chassis for Joshua Thomerson. 2" DOM main structure . I'll be keeping yall posted as this build comes together. Josh sold his ol buggy a little while back and has always said he would build a new one if GMP opened back up. I guess it was meant to be.

On the way home we decided to stop by Golden Mountain Motor Park and the gates happened to be open and work was getting done. Got to talk with one of the new owners for a bit. Very nice folks. It is exciting to hear their plans and see the enthusiasm they have to get things done and the park open for everyone to enjoy. It looked like Jeff Lyons and his crew have been putting in work!
Nice to meet ya, man. :cool:

Do you think you guys would be open for Memorial day weekend? Have a group of guys that are looking for some place new to go.

Racetrack Resurrection In Sparta Underway North Of Chattanooga Near I-40

Friday, April 24, 2020 - by Steve Hixson

article.408088.jpg

Pat McMillan of Murfreesboro and racer Deke Waters of Cookeville purchased Golden Mountain Motor Park in Sparta, planning on reviving the long defunct 3/8 mile dirt track and motorsports facility, that has sat dormant for over 15 years.
The businessmen will begin focusing the resurrection on the racetrack and the four-wheeler off road trails first, before addressing the possibility of rehabbing the asphalt go-kart track and other non-racing amenities.

The timeline for the tracks return is estimated for 2021.

The facility neighbors the nearby Crossville and Wartburg racetracks, that are currently under hiatus due to the worldwide pandemic, off Highway 111 near Interstate 40.

Posted from my phone before and didn't want to hunt and peck out a novel.

Got invited to come run some trails and clean up as needed. Trails are about the same. Some are washed a little but get some traffic on them and be back to normal ish. Rain has slowed progress on the race track but they are moving forward with other plans. Jeff met with a block guy regarding the bath house renovation while we were there. Progress is being made. Sounds like they are still about a month out from any sort of official opening. The biggest project right now is the new entrance needing to get done. Once they get that squared away, it will be much better. They do not intend to do any work on the existing road to allow trucks and trailers to be able to navigate it.

Latest posts