Golden Mountain Park - Closing

redneckengineered

Trailer Park Panty Dropper
:wtflol: :spin:

Jayne Randolph
8:58 AM (10 minutes ago)
to me

Andrew,
I have just been informed this morning that the park will now be closing after this years Dixie Run.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks
Vicki

This came about while I was trying to book the entire bunkhouse and a pavilion for a group ride in late fall. We've been on the schedule for this since early August but when I followed up to pay, that's the response I got.

redneckengineered said:
:wtflol: :spin:

Jayne Randolph
8:58 AM (10 minutes ago)
to me

Andrew,
I have just been informed this morning that the park will now be closing after this years Dixie Run.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks
Vicki

This came about while I was trying to book the entire bunkhouse and a pavilion for a group ride in late fall. We've been on the schedule for this since early August but when I followed up to pay, that's the response I got.

That's a pretty big inconvenience

It's crazy how the main people you deal with at GMP are not on the same page. Hopefully they figure something out so the park doesn't close completely. I spoke with Anthony while down there recently and he mentioned looking into doing what greyrock does. Rent the whole park for whatever weekend and that way they only get insurance for that weekend VS paying year round. It seems like the insurance is what's killing the deal.

Damnit now I might have to go to Dixie Run so I get one last ride there. I don't want to give sfwda my money though.

xjmarc said:
Damnit now I might have to go to Dixie Run so I get one last ride there. I don't want to give sfwda my money though.
I'm in the exact same boat. I want to ride there one more time. But sfwda can suck it

The Luke said:
I'm in the exact same boat. I want to ride there one more time. But sfwda can suck it

Funny part when I looked on their site about prices it still shows me as a member under Hardline.

@redneckengineering

I really thought you started a thread just to **** with people :D

I hope it doesn't close. GMP is a blast.

Bebop said:
@redneckengineering

I really thought you started a thread just to **** with people :D

I hope it doesn't close. GMP is a blast.

I wish that was the case. I suggested they post on their website and social media that they are closing after Dixie so that the word would get it. Today my buddy messaged me and they are returning his deposit on a bunkhouse. So it looks like a sure thing.

The Luke said:

Come on and ride Pokey will be there with open arms waiting on you. :flipoff1:

A friend of mine had an idea, i guess i will put it out there....

What if an off road company bought the property and kept this park open....say someone with the financial backers to do so. He kept throwing out the name Wide Open Design, however, that is just the first one that came up...it could be any company with the backing to do so.

For the most part the folks that i know in the "Off Road Industry" Live it, and it is a way of life, as much as a job.

Its is ashamed to see good wheeling locations becoming a thing of the past. Maybe if some bigger named companies could see the need for properties to ride to stay open so there business can sustain itself into the future we may see this happen. Personally i can see that it could be a good thing.

Windrock comes to mind.

Coal company owns it, uses it for there interest, and in turn allows the public to benefit by being able to ride the property...for a fee of coarse (which i am sure is nothing to them really) WIN WIN.

What if lets say someone like Jeep, Toyota, Honda, Polaris, Yahama, ect....pick your favorite company decided to buy property and turn it into a place to showcase the ability to use there products, promote education about Land Use, and help draw people into a great hobby/ lifestyle, it seems to me that something like that would be a big draw....what a great way to market the fact your committed to the people you sale your products to.

Kind of like the an idea of a Motorsports Park...not limited to just one type of vehicle. i know most of us don't care for certain recreational users (i will leave it at that) however, they help foot the bill just as much as anyone else and there is more power in numbers and more Money in it too.

I have not been to Dixie Run since it moved when Tellico closed, and this will be my first time going to GMP for Dixie Run and i am looking forward to it....i hate that it will possible be the only time i ever get to see the place.

Latest posts