• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Golden Mountain Park: NOT closed

haustow

Was there this past weekend and Anthony the manager told us it is officially closed. Last ride is going to be Dixie Run next month. It is apparently for sale for $1.2MM, but it's not listed yet. Lots of potential in this park, just needs someone to promote it and put on some events. Used to be pretty busy every weekend, but the owner lives out of state and doesn't know anything about what it needs. Bunk house is still in great shape, but the camping bathrooms and showers need work, and lots of trail maintenance. Definitely one of the best crawling parks around. Who's got the cash to Make This Park Great Again?!?!

Re: Golden Mountain Park: CLOSED and For Sale

Interesting claim...................

I emailed Jayne on Monday. Here is what she responded to my question.

"We are only open the first weekend of each month unless we have a very large group that has filled bunk rooms."

That's Vicki who answers the emails. Maybe there is some communication issues. Seems to have been in the past too.

Is this another rumor again? Seems to be about this time every year when this same rumor goes around.

Well I hope I got wrong info and that it really is not closing, just what we were told by the park manager so I figured he has accurate info. I emailed Vicki to get some more facts, I'll update here when I hear back from her.

facts and GMP do not really go together .If they handle the sale like they handle the park it will be years before its sold

rockwell 1 said:
facts and GMP do not really go together .If they handle the sale like they handle the park it will be years before its sold
What he said...

Re: Golden Mountain Park: NOT closed.

Well apparently the manager gave all of us false info. Vicki said it's still open the first weekend and for very big groups just as before. Apologize for the incorrect info. Thought it came from the source. I'll edit title

94587b1001f107073137db2f84c7f767.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigs10blazer said:
so is worth a 10 hour drive from topeka ks ??
well built rigs (buggys )
or just go to harlan ? windrock ?
I would do Harlan and Golden Mountain. I would pick GMP over Windrock any day for a well built rig.

bigs10blazer said:
so is worth a 10 hour drive from topeka ks ??
well built rigs (buggys )
or just go to harlan ? windrock ?

If you like rock crawling (not hill killing or long booze cruise trail riding) then it's worth a drive from just about anywhere.

If it's desert dry you can pull some dum dum lines on crazy shaped rocks... if it's wet it'll take you all day to do 2 trails

CarolinaCrawler1 said:
I have heard that this will be the last Dixie run at golden mountian. Any truth to these rumers?

This is the rumor we're hearing from some of the people who should know.
SFWDA has been wanting to move it for a couple years now, the park is not leaf looking jeep friendly and they are the ones spending the money.
I hope the rumors are wrong but I don't have hope.

Yes it will be at windrock next year. As said above the mall crawlers and leaf watching bunny trail driving Jeeps are putting the money down!

Latest posts