• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good ol' derail

Re:

The front is basically all up travel. Rear has alot of both it looks.

Inboard brakes look interesting, but not new idea. Just hope for no drive/axle shaft failures.

Also be interested to see how the 30 series inners hold up

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Re: $$$$Money maker$$$$

FlatlandFSJ said:
Am I the only one wondering why it slammed to a stop with a rather loud clunk?
High compression motor that wasn't tuned yet idling for that long, surprised it ran that long! Or remote kill so he can race Srrs?

I know the rear is solid axle but didnt he kinda steal the front idea from the kracken rig? Looks similiar but still bad ass and im sure hes prob beat on it some to see if it holds up, dont think he would embarrass himself with a subpar rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zjman said:
I know the rear is solid axle but didnt he kinda steal the front idea from the kracken rig? Looks similiar but still bad ass and im sure hes prob beat on it some to see if it holds up, dont think he would embarrass himself with a subpar rig.

Ifs has been around for years...I don't think you can say he stole anybodys ideas. Looks like he made the knuckles himself. Pretty impressive. Kraken used the hummer stuff I believe. Lots of different parts here

Zjman said:

I thought about that too. But there's been a few before the kracken too. Trail gears "tweaky" rig was also ifs. Much smaller everything. But overall the same concept.

Zjman said:

Steal? ::)

Hahaha that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read and hope you are kidding.

Yeah because NO rig has ever had ifs.... Ever. :wtflol:

Not to mention the entire drivetrain, components, and layout etc are completely different between the 2 rigs. (And the front diff that TC is using probably cost almost as much as Dean has in the whole kraken build....not that that means much, just facts)

I'm curious as to how it will handle with the power rack and huge massive scrub radius. It looks to have zero steering axis inclination or caster.

It'll probably be fine for a bouncer. :dunno:

TBItoy said:
I'm curious as to how it will handle with the power rack and huge massive scrub radius. It looks to have zero steering axis inclination or caster.

It'll probably be fine for a bouncer. :dunno:
Have you ever measured any of that on the armada ifs that he thought about running? Or a Rzr? Just curious to what those numbers and angles would be?

al1tonyota said:
Have you ever measured any of that on the armada ifs that he thought about running? Or a Rzr? Just curious to what those numbers and angles would be?

No, but they both definetly have some, rather than none.

TCs knuckles look quite a bit larger than the Armada stuff (compared to a 17" wheel), and it doesn't look that it would be a huge deal to change the lower a arm mounting point and build a longer lower a arm if deemed necessary.

I'm excited to see it run. :dblthumb:

TBItoy said:
Steal? ::)

Hahaha that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read and hope you are kidding.

Yeah because NO rig has ever had ifs.... Ever. :wtflol:

Not to mention the entire drivetrain, components, and layout etc are completely different between the 2 rigs. (And the front diff that TC is using probably cost almost as much as Dean has in the whole kraken build....not that that means much, just facts)
. Haha guess steal was wrong word and i know its been around forever but not too much in rock bouncing that ive seen, especially up in ohio. Sorry if I misspoke

I guess I'll be the odd man out in this :tc fest but that thing is hideous. Looked like a tractor pulling out of the trailer. I don't know enough about IFS to know if his setup will work worth a **** but I have no doubt whether it works or not TC will make it work one way or another. Then the next SOB that he sells it to will find out the hard way if it actually does work :****: molaugh

didnt walker evans build a ifs/irs buggy back in the day that had truck skins or something on it used in W.E.Rock

I agree, I don't like the look of it at all. But,I'm sure it will put on a great show and it's definitely outside the box. For those reasons I like it.

Re:

I'm excited to see what it'll do. I like it when someone takes a gamble and goes out on a limb. Hope it works out well for him and helps the sport with some new ideas and technology.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 162