• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good ol' derail

Re: $$$$Money maker$$$$

I'm surprised a bit. I thought the idea was to become faster and faster when it comes to winning comps. I could see right away that it was lights years ahead of his rigs in the past, even at out of the box tuning. It just takes time to dial things in. I really thought he'd give half a season at least to tuning. That rig puts serious traction to the ground.

Bummer. I really wanted to see an IFS kill those hills out east

What does 1st place in SRRS pay for the season? Will a new buggy automatically put him on the podium race after race? I would think he could run this one for the next couple months, tuning and getting it dialed in while building another buggy. I'm not sure this buggy will live up to it's name.... Kinda hard to sell it as a proven design if you abandon it after a couple weeks of competition.

Re:

TBItoy said:
How do you know he ain't building a rig with IFS & IRS with portal boxes?

The "wheel travel" thing seems wrong. You could always tune the suspension for more compression damping to get it to lift the front of the chassis more when you smack a ledge. I kinda thought that was the purpose of the bypass shocks too. Tune the first bit of wheel travel soft to soak up the chop, then get progressively stiffer in steps though the wheel travel. Seems that you could put a big step in compression damping to "upset" the chassis at a certain point, but still have the travel available for the BIG air. Meh, just an idea.

I like solid axle rigs better anyway, interested to see what he comes up with :dblthumb:

Exactly what I was thinkin riding down the road today.....

He usually doesn't give up that fast...... I was hoping to see him work with it for a while. I was curious to see him an that kraken buggy get dialed in an see how they honestly do....:/. Is never have anything like it but I like seeing outside of the box rigs

The facebook comments were funny. I wished he'd kept it i liked it, but it's his money and his rig so fawk it, now the bk and mr are live streaming the races i can be a armchair :driving: :driving: can't wait to see what he comes out with next.

Re: Re: $$$$Money maker$$$$

nhl_bullitt said:
Curious if he will have to have a rental for the next race? Guy can spit out buggies fast. Jealous.
I think I've seen he has a white samurai trail rig. Probably just race it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The only "problem" with the IFS that I see is that your clearance under the axle changes depending on how much the suspension is soaking up. At least with a solid axle you've got the same clearance no matter what, regardless of what the suspension is doing. Whether it's more or less I don't know but at least it's predictable because it's constant.

But I'm probably wrong...

Re:

TBItoy said:
How do you know he ain't building a rig with IFS & IRS with portal boxes?

The "wheel travel" thing seems wrong. You could always tune the suspension for more compression damping to get it to lift the front of the chassis more when you smack a ledge. I kinda thought that was the purpose of the bypass shocks too. Tune the first bit of wheel travel soft to soak up the chop, then get progressively stiffer in steps though the wheel travel. Seems that you could put a big step in compression damping to "upset" the chassis at a certain point, but still have the travel available for the BIG air. Meh, just an idea.

I like solid axle rigs better anyway, interested to see what he comes up with :dblthumb:

Agreed!

I applaud him for seeing that his new rig is not preforming the way HE WANTS IT TO and moving on! With all the spot light on him he knows a move like this will bring out the hatters…..but he did it anyway. He could have easily run it for the season, made it look like it works and sold it after …. but it didn't work like he wanted so he's moving on. Bravo Nothing wrong with trying in my book.

Anyone know if he is going to get a "rental" to finish the season?

BTW for all the hatter who are gonna say I'm :tc.............. :flipgotcha:

It's okay, at least half of the hatters are Mad in one way or another
latest

I wonder if something broke? It took a hard hit in that second hill that looked like it bounced it funny to me. Reliability is a big part of making through a SRRS series, maybe money maker didn't have it.

slytowncrawler2 said:
He usually doesn't give up that fast...... I was hoping to see him work with it for a while. I was curious to see him an that kraken buggy get dialed in an see how they honestly do....:/. Is never have anything like it but I like seeing outside of the box rigs

I figure having two of his previous built units place in front of him this past weekend put a dent in his will. Also, he knew it wasn't working just like that HellRasier buggy he built. The HR buggy just flat out didn't work and he shut it down within a week or two of that build as well. I'd also wager that once he broke it last weekend it seemed like he was holding back hoping it wouldn't let go again.

Regardless of how it placed or performed, competition is at a higher level this year then ever before.

Dan

If nothing else someone with bunches of cash will buy it just to say they have a :tc buggy :****:

Latest posts