• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good Ole Trail Riding = NOT dead

LandSpeeder

King of the Bammers
Tired of seeing folks post on here and FB and other places that racing is killing the HOBBY of offroading. And if you feel that way, then I can only say then maybe you are in the wrong group. A few of us this past year went as small groups all of the place and rode.
I'm also very active in Toyota events, which never have a comp, but we do have a registration bag that has driver raffle tickets, dinner tickets, and swag from sponsors. We always allow other non-yotas to register and come for the fun. And when I talk about the youtube videos or the bouncers... most people in these groups look at me with a blank stare, as if I'm speaking French.
We also RIDE for three-four days! About to go out and ride ALL DAY. Then come back for a meal, then the raffle! Did I mention pre-registration got me a shirt?!

Waterfall trail at HPO during the MardiKrawl happening RIGHT NOW.

11149445_10153192544807421_4244341786044389574_n.jpg

So, yeah, if you feel that "good ole trail riding" is dead. You're right, it is. Glad I won't see your attitude out on the trail.

Sorry, I'll post some later, just got back to the motor-house. We been riding all day. Even did Broke Foot in the Mawler... except the top ledge, didn't make that. But DANG! I drive it to work!

Right there with ya! I love the outdoors so getting out for a ride (although I don't get to a lot) checking out the scenery as i go! Although I do love high action, going fast and watching all them bouncin videos!

Yeah, our group actually prefers trail riding to big events. We have been to several big events but get tired of the crowds/non wheelers in the way of the trails. We have been known to go to a different park on the weekends than the big event is at so we can get some wheeling in.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stano said:
Yeah, our group actually prefers trail riding to big events. We have been to several big events but get tired of the crowds/non wheelers in the way of the trails. We have been known to go to a different park on the weekends than the big event is at so we can get some wheeling in.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this!

we love trail riding. nothing better than getting a full days worth of wheelin/driving and getting back to camp to burn some meat and talk **** with friends

1tfrot said:
this!

we love trail riding. nothing better than getting a full days worth of wheelin/driving and getting back to camp to burn some meat and talk **** with friends

X2 glad I'm not the only one who recalls what got me interested in this in the 90's trail rides are the best!

I love watching the videos that MadRam posts of the hill killing but for me, I prefer a day on the trails with good friends and nights by the campfire!

Weezul said:
I love watching the videos that MadRam posts of the hill killing but for me, I prefer a day on the trails with good friends and nights by the campfire!

Yes. SRRS does a great job and I had fun a few weeks ago at GR, but watching for a day just affirmed to me that I no longer wish to go spectate. If there is a race at a park that I really want to ride I'll go ride, but spectating the most extreme stuff is not nearly as fun as riding the most lame to me. In fact, I am itching very badly to go back to HPO ASAP. I'm hoping some weekend in May.

Just got back from riding three days at HPO. Even tried BrokeFoot in my DD with no front locker no sliders on 35's (below) got slightly hung up and didn't try the last big ledge, but had a blast and did so many trails I prolly shouldn't have. But I know the limits of these trail walruses

10246277_10200454724526604_8999420054411680645_n_zpsanyei9hk.jpg

LandSpeeder said:
Just got back from riding three days at HPO. Even tried BrokeFoot in my DD with no front locker no sliders on 35's (below) got slightly hung up and didn't try the last big ledge, but had a blast and did so many trails I prolly shouldn't have. But I know the limits of these trail walruses

10246277_10200454724526604_8999420054411680645_n_zpsanyei9hk.jpg
Nice LC

Latest posts