• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Green Yj 6.0 swap

usethis

I have had this yj since 2008 and it was bone stock and pristine with the 4.0 and tf999 auto, sat radio and ac. I wanted it to be super reliable and comfortable compared to my former rigs. So I slapped some tons under it with detroits and 538's and atlas 2 and did a soa with rubicon express springs, setup up hi steer and rocked it for 5 years with 37s very comfortably with no breakage. It worked good but back then 37s were not considered daily driver tires.

In 2013 I decided to step it up and contacted an old buddy in Dothan who was starting a new shop. Motobilt. Folks on here know Dan does killer work and his team transformed my yj's suspension into this century and we used really good parts. They built crazy trusses, backhalved, custom fuel cell etc.etc.etc.

The rig works amazing and does great for general trail riding and tech rock crawling but it needs mo power.

About 2 months ago i picked up an lq4 and a turbo 400

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Re:

I pulled the 4.0 and rest of the drivetrain a couple weeks ago

Dexter murder plastic to keep the hoa happy

Re:

I cut off all the factory stuff and cleaned up the frame for the new parts

New mounts fit tight and right

First test fit with the v8, looking pretty good and getting exciting

I was was relieved to see the link bar clearance to the pan. Exhaust is going to be a pita.

Re:

Put new flexplate on the lq4 to run the th400. Also an 1.25 adapter from advance for the th400 to work with my atlas 2. Also have a new 32 spline input from advance to install in the atlas

Re:

Quick check on the Sanderson Headers. Tight but doable and the engine is NOT plumb in this shot, just a mock fit to see how life was going to be the next few weeks.

Re:

New pump for psc full hydro for ls motors. FYI I have a excellent condition one for 92-95 yj for sale.

I like it buddy. Good build! When you done let's see some burnouts :****:

Re:

Swapped out the input shaft last night in the atlas to mate to the th400. Going from jeep 23 spline to gm 32 spline

Re:

@red94yj yes absolutely. Actually had it in a out 3 times during mock up to double and triple check various things.

Re:

Modified the transmission cross member to work with th400 and keep it flat.

Re:

@mihfield2005 yes sir will do something after up and running. The oil pan between the upper 4 link and cookie sheet tranny pan are exposed parts.

Re:

usethis said:

Derail: Dewalt sells a LED replacement for your light...if you don't already have one, it's worth the money. /derail.