• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Green Yj 6.0 swap

zero2sxity said:
Do you know what your frame height and link lengths are?

22" lowest part of the belly to the floor (belly is flat and smooth). ~42" lower link length and ~37" upper link length.

It has been awhile since I logged in but I had a few tranny bugs to work out in Feb. The TH400 was not shifting between 2-3. After a little research, I change modulator hoses, checked vacuum and finally removed the modulator valve to see if it was stuck. It was okay and refilled with fluid and did a test run. No dice. So a weekend or two later, I pulled the governor to see if the weights were sticking and it seemed okay, so I reinstalled. I filled the tranny back up and it shifts great now through all the gears. I guess the tranny sitting dry for a few months caused the gov to stick.

Now a few months have passed and I have not had time to take the rig to the dirt for real testing. I am sure there are more bugs to work out before a big trip. I hope to go soon.

Well i got the first shakedown run on Sunday. New motor was a blast. No issues other than steering overheating. So I need to do some cooler work. Engine rad did awesome all day. Very pleased with the swap.
a7ac7c8957447e26b1a313f4b9fc44a4.jpg
d3b02f322834b55f635c30c50524ec95.jpg
ea2a674a7ef12d1b1d9e3df17ee75010.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk