• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Guage pods

any of the cheap ones you see... the "universal" applications. if you can get one meant for your truck it will look better. i bought some interrior paint to match the tacoma before i did mine. took the pillar cover out of the truck, mounted gauges and used a little fiberglass. after it was ready i painted it and it looked like the pod was actually part of the pillar.

2pwrlftrs4u said:
any of the cheap ones you see... the "universal" applications. if you can get one meant for your truck it will look better. i bought some interrior paint to match the tacoma before i did mine. took the pillar cover out of the truck, mounted gauges and used a little fiberglass. after it was ready i painted it and it looked like the pod was actually part of the pillar.

I should have given the specs :D

In any case this is for the wifes dodge. But I don't wanna put a junk setup in the rig..

crash said:
I should have given the specs :D

In any case this is for the wifes dodge. But I don't wanna put a junk setup in the rig..

no, i seen that it was for a dodge.... just using the toy as an example. they are all pretty much the same, its just one made for your truck will have the same angle as your pillar

Mine. :cool:
109648457_a2d5bbfc79.jpg

Just buy the autometer mechanical guages, and pod... On our truck we run the electric ones and their fine, but the amount of added wiring and hassel isn't worth it.... If you want to be really trick, and get a set of the best guages i've seen with a recall function get some from SPA... If you get a triple piller, you can have up to 6 different "aspects" being measured, as each guage has dual read out... I know that's a little over-kill but their pretty friggin sweet guages... Over all stick with autometer, and just buy one of their A-piller pods...

A pillar pod is the only way to go.. anything else just looks tacked on.. I've got some cheapy autometer gauges. They work just fine, I'd like the more expensive ones. But they don't make the truck faster, or cool down my EGT's. So it's not very high on the list

Jobless said:
Try ginos garage and get the pillar gauge pod, might as well get the one that replaces the original chunk of plstic as it looks cleaner than the oe that mounts over top like what I have.

http://www.ginosgarage.com/

So they do make the style that goes over the stock one. We did one of those styles in a duramax and the fit wasn't that great...

those ones that replace the factory piece don't fit all that well. So cut a couple of holes big enough for the backs of the gauges into the stock piece and cram the two in there together. Trust me it works, and looks good

Last edited:
crash said:
So they do make the style that goes over the stock one. We did one of those styles in a duramax and the fit wasn't that great...

I have the dual pod that attaches over top of the factory piece. It's looks ok but the one piece looks cleaner but I'm not sure of the fit issues.

Jobless said:
I have the dual pod that attaches over top of the factory piece. It's looks ok but the one piece looks cleaner but I'm not sure of the fit issues.

I have the same dual pod one and don't mind it. Only weird thing for me is I hate having to look at the pillar for boost/egts and at the floor for my tranny temps.

Nuzzy said:
I have the same dual pod one and don't mind it. Only weird thing for me is I hate having to look at the pillar for boost/egts and at the floor for my tranny temps.
the A pillar pods are only about 50 bucks. Just get a tripple.