• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Guage pods

Nuzzy said:
I have the same dual pod one and don't mind it. Only weird thing for me is I hate having to look at the pillar for boost/egts and at the floor for my tranny temps.

Get the single gauge pod that mounts on top of the steering column?

Nuzzy said:
Maybe I should just dangle all 3 gauges from the rearview mirror...
they have a pod for that too :haha:

I like the whole dumpin the auto thing though. Jobless is wise(ass) beyond his years.. :redneck: Of course I'm partial to my 5 speed.

Jobless said:
Ok...then ditch the auto and get a 6 speed and no tranny temp gauge :haha: :haha: :haha:

Probabaly could anyways... With the torq lock and hi capacity pan, I can't remember the last time my tranny temp came off the 140* pin... even when towing... :redneck:

Side bar... I like the gauge setup that comes with the Edge Juice w/Attitude. I put it in front of the cluster and it only covers the 4x4 light and the bottom (useless) part of the tach and speedo. Low profile and doesn't attract much attention like a pillar mounted gauge setup does. Plus it can monitor all kinds of wacky stuff (if you want it to) like fuel temperature, intake air temp, engine load percent, throttle percent, etc etc. I used the throttle percent last night to figure out that my wierd surging problem only seems to happen between 1700 and 1800 rpm's and at exactly 18% throttle, which is right around 60mph cruise in 5th gear.

It works good for me. I wouldn't feel comfortable without a fuel pressure gauge on a 24 valve, so with an auto rig that means 4 gauges: boost, pyro, fuel pressure and trans temp. Lots to fit into a pillar pod thingamabob.

Have you looked at the Quadzilla Commander? It's similar to the attitude monitor, but it's just a gauge setup in the same fashion... shows you up to 4 things at once and looks pretty neat for a simple standalone gauge setup.

NotMatt said:
Side bar... I like the gauge setup that comes with the Edge Juice w/Attitude. I put it in front of the cluster and it only covers the 4x4 light and the bottom (useless) part of the tach and speedo. Low profile and doesn't attract much attention like a pillar mounted gauge setup does. Plus it can monitor all kinds of wacky stuff (if you want it to) like fuel temperature, intake air temp, engine load percent, throttle percent, etc etc. I used the throttle percent last night to figure out that my wierd surging problem only seems to happen between 1700 and 1800 rpm's and at exactly 18% throttle, which is right around 60mph cruise in 5th gear.

I don't really see the need for half the info it can display, what good does it do to know the temp of your air in the intake or fuel temps? Is there a limit when you should stop and do something about them?

The Edge is an easy way to get the things you do need though in a small package.

I thought about a gauge for fuel pressure but the BD LED set up does the same job and doesn't take up space.

crash said:
manual guages---heck no I hate them. As for wiring--give me something hard :D

The only place where an electric guage is better than a mechanical is for a fuel pressure guage... The electrical exhaust and boost have no advantage over the mechanical ones... they have a much cleaner install... plus theirs a price difference of about x3 for the electrical over mechanical... Plus the electrical ones have a much slower response, and erradic to read...

Jobless said:
I don't really see the need for half the info it can display, what good does it do to know the temp of your air in the intake or fuel temps? Is there a limit when you should stop and do something about them?

The Edge is an easy way to get the things you do need though in a small package.

I thought about a gauge for fuel pressure but the BD LED set up does the same job and doesn't take up space.

Yeah, most of the stuff it can monitor is pretty useless, but it is nice to have the ability to put 4 gauges in one convenient place without mangling up the pillar or bolting some hokey gauge pod down to the dash.

If you dump the 24 valve for a 12 valve you won't have to worry about the fuel pressure, Brad :flipoff: .

Only time I've really seen auto tranny temps get warm is stop and go traffic.. Any time I've heard of them getting really hot is in 4 wheel drive.. they don't like the 4wheel drive.

Lucky Jeff said:
If you dump the 24 valve for a 12 valve you won't have to worry about the fuel pressure, Brad :flipoff: .

Come on up to the 6.7, you know you want to. :kissmyass:

Nuzzy said:
Why dangle them? She's got 3 holes...

:D:D:D

I was wondering why he had a smirk on his face while he was posting earlier... looks like I found it. :shakeshead:

Jaydog said:
Come on up to the 6.7, you know you want to. :kissmyass:
:flipoff: , for some reason's I'd like to, I'd love a new mega cab. But after driving my Dad's 3rd gen more, even with a Smarty on it. It just doesn't feel like mine. Mine has throttle response like RIGHT now. Now if I could just fix the crappy brakes and crappy steering, I'll be set :clappy:

One of the kids at Les Schwab tapped the throttle on my truck when he was pulling it across the parking lot, jumped out of the truck and said "how the hell did you get it to move like that? Mine won't do that". :haha:

Call Rip at Source Automotive. He can set you up with best shiznit and has some great prices. Plus he is in the North West (MILWAUKIE, OREGON). He is an aftermarket performance guru. He builds some darn nice twin kits to boot.
http://sourceautomotive.biz/