• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

H1 Beadlock runflats issues

Norvell57

I have a set of recentered 12 bolt wheels. The guy i got them from had the rubber run flats in them. I picked up a set of the mag run flats out of 8 bolt H1 wheels and cut them down. Now i have about a 1/4 gap from being able to get wheels clamped back. The guy had also knocked studs out and put G8 bolts in their place. I broke 5 of the 12 in 1 wheel trying to put it together.

Is there a differance in width on the 8 bolt and 12 bolt H1 wheels?

Hey that's my old zuk!! Welcome to Hardline! I'm 90% sure there's no difference in width. On the mags there's a metal ring on the outside of the run flat that I've taken off before because some swampers have such thick rubber. Knock those bolts out and get the correct studs. I bought mine online ( can't remember where) for about $1 each and the nuts were about the same price.

Hey man how you been!!! I ended up trading off the wheels i got from you for these that had the pressed center and were a little lighter for some 36" SX's I need to buy the factory style studs for them. I would really like to just trade these off for some 36-37s and 15" bead locks

Get a set of rubber Run flats take a chainsaw and cut off the Mohawk of the rubber runflat they will work with any width bead and they are lighter than the PVC style not sure about the weight difference between the mag style and they go in easy and mount easy

I have a set of those sitting in my garage Ill look into that thanks!! I tried cutting on them with a big wide tooth sawzaw it sucked and didnt work

Yea I tried that as well just get a good chain (one that doesn't have the safety kick back) then lay it down on the side and use the flat part of the runflat as a guide then go around it a few times on each side using the tip of the bar then have fun cleaning up the rubber that flies everywhere but it only took me 45 mins to cut 5 runflats down

Norvell57 said:
Oh dang that beats the hours it took me to cut the 4 mag run flats down. Ill go steal dads Saw hahahaa :woot: :woot: :woot:
:rolf: :rolf:
. I'm running the mag run flats with 43s. I had the same problem. All I did was knock off those outer rings, cut a little off both sides and put them back on. Works just fine now.

Bj mac said:
. I'm running the mag run flats with 43s. I had the same problem. All I did was knock off those outer rings, cut a little off both sides and put them back on. Works just fine now.

That's e what I done for 43s, I'm not sure you would need to do anything besides take the rings off for 36s. The bead isn't as thick

I've done 2 sets for my irocs because the bead was too thick. After cutting the mag insert flat, I popped the outer ring off each side, cut about a quarter inch off each side then tapped the outer ring back on so the beads had a smooth surface to rest against. But I'm too cheap to buy runflats, took maybe 30 min a piece

Almost every set of swampers ive put on a set of 12 bolts ive had to trim a liitle off the mag to get it to work. The first thing I do when I get a set of h1's to run is knock the studs out and go with 1/2" G8 bolts. I cant stand the h1 studs. But that's me.

Anyone that says that a chainsaw will take the mohawk off of a rubber runflat either:

has one HELLUVA professional grade, souped up saw

or

is a damn liar.

I tried: hand saw, sawzall (4 different blade types), cut-off wheel, chain saw (freshly sharpened chain, and with a brand new chain)

Finally gave in and called my buddy that has a water jet. Cheaper/faster/cleaner/more accurate/etc. Definitely the way to go. I highly recommend finding a machine shop in your area that has a water jet.

No lie it is possible. The Jeep in the pic had the rear end lifter with a crane. Engine idling and in 2 wd low range. Cheap saw , sharpe chain. The wheel/runflat turning like a lathe.

DANGEROUS AS HELL NOT WORTH IT!!!!! BUT IT WORKED.

Need some air tools

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 123
Are you talking about knocking the aluminum ring off edges?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 121
That's what I did, knocked the outer edge off, trimmed the mag, then tapped it back on, used a thin cut off wheel on a grinder.

RustyC said:
No lie it is possible. The Jeep in the pic had the rear end lifter with a crane. Engine idling and in 2 wd low range. Cheap saw , sharpe chain. The wheel/runflat turning like a lathe.

DANGEROUS AS HELL NOT WORTH IT!!!!! BUT IT WORKED.

Yes but you used a souped up chainsaw! Hahahah. I would say its worth it!!! I watched two people on the same day, run rubber runflats, they were not trimmed.. Both had issues with breaking stuff.. Maybe it's a coincidence.. I doubt it. I think it was the heavy ass weight added to the wheel. That being said I need to set of Em!