• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hale Mtn - SEER Nightmare on Hale Mtn Extreme Enduro

TBItoy

I casually follow hard/extreme enduro dirt bike racing, pretty neat to see the sport growing in the US (big in europe for a long time).
I reckon for years, the Tennessee Knockout in Sequatchie was considered the only "real" hard enduro in the US :dunno: Now there is King of the Motos, and a few others in TX and up north.

They're having a night race at Hale on Oct 10 (6-9pm), and running all the "big name" buggy/truck obstacles. I thought it might be pretty cool to watch. Maybe with the increasing popularity of hard enduro, you'll see bikes going UP the rocks instead of cutting bypasses around the bypasses around the bypasses.

SEER (South East Extreme Riders) seems to have started utilizing some of the rock crawling parks around here to host races. They had a race at Hollytree earlier this year (which in the spring was the only hard enduro in the world because of COVID and got some of the big name guys to show up).

here's a pretty well put together video of the hollytree racebooyang

I respect the crap out of the guys that can do this. I owned a dirt bike for like 12 minutes back in highschool. Never again. It was fun to zip around on dry ground on. But, That was it. I went out on a trail ride with a friend on a quad one time. Got thrown off at every single mud hole/rut. Sold that sucker and bought a Mojave 250 quad. Ran that sucker for yearrrssss with zero issues.

Very cool and something we may take a trip down to watch. Have always been tempted to go watch the Tennessee Knockout race in August but not made the trip yet.

Since this is a first time race at Hale, I'm curious why the racing org. wanted it to be a night event vs racing during the day time.

The TKO is usually too hot & humid for me to want to go hike around in the woods and watch.

from what I understand, Hale Mtn was not the original venue for the night race, but it got moved there, and just so happens to be the first time they've raced there.

Since this is a first time race at Hale, I'm curious why the racing org. wanted it to be a night event vs racing during the day time.

Make it harder ?

Seems like a gnarly event for sure. Enduro guys def have my respect, this **** is nuts.

The TKO is usually too hot & humid for me to want to go hike around in the woods and watch.

from what I understand, Hale Mtn was not the original venue for the night race, but it got moved there, and just so happens to be the first time they've raced there.
That's the main reason we haven't gone down to watch the TKO too.

Make it harder ?

Seems like a gnarly event for sure. Enduro guys def have my respect, this **** is nuts.
Probably so on difficulty level, but from a spectator standpoint I'd rather it be during the day.

those poor guys. that looks miserable. how can you drink cold beer while your doing that?

Most all the hard enduro bikes are 2 strokes, mostly 300s. Tuned for torque down low so they can run right off idle and blip up the ledges

We saw some of the course this past weekend they are racing up upper whiskey. The paint had them going up the big ledge on the left. Should have taken a picture but that ledge is about 6' tall. Those dudes are nuts. I dont even see how something on 4 wheels could make it.

We saw some of the course this past weekend they are racing up upper whiskey. The paint had them going up the big ledge on the left. Should have taken a picture but that ledge is about 6' tall. Those dudes are nuts. I dont even see how something on 4 wheels could make it.
Pull up compress the front end and pop the clutch then pray! Me and my buddies do that type of riding, you would be surprised what you can make it up on a well set up bike.

Latest posts