• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
Julio, can you get off and be our guide? Yes, Julio is going to be our guide.This would put us there at peak leaf changing time. We would be one week before the big ride "Fall Crawl". I would think to get there when you can on Thursday, even midnight. Plan to ride at 8am on Friday and Saturday. If desired, start at 8am on Sunday and have trailers loaded by 3pm and haul ass home.

As I have never been, any RV parking close to hotels/house the rest of the group will be? What to bring 38 Special and the wife, or the Solo Buggy and leave her at home or in the RV?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk with my left thumb.

Okay, we are staying on the Evarts, KY side. I am staying in the Evarts South Campoground behind the Dairy Hut. Here is their site:

http://www.evartskentucky.com/south_evarts_rv_part.html

No contact information on the site !?!?!?!?

Call Christi at 877-737-0778

You will need to mail a check or money order for $25.00 for a deposit to:

City Of Evarts
P.O. Box 208
Evarts, KY 40828
Attn: Christi

Re: Harlan Hardline Ride - October 10-12, 2014 (tennative)

As far on a place to sleep there are a lot options you can stay on the Putney side of the mountain or the Evarts side the Putney side has lots of cabins, bath houses and tons of tools to use if needed like welder, plasma, air, vice , pressure washer and more only down fall is they are on the bad side of the mountain as far of getting back to camp easy or fast, The Evarts side you can drive a truck and trailer along way in the park there is parking for tons and even large rigs like yours John not sure on water and power hookup just call them and they will let you know there are some houses people rent in Evarts and also Black Mountain Cabins to rent there is a shower house that is at the railroad tracks at a campground for anyone to use if your tent camping very clean place. If your wife is like mine she will love the color change of the leaves there are some awesome views around here. Anyone with questions can call the main trailheads and they can help you out with finding a place to stay or about rv hookups, hope this helps and hope everyone has a great time
Evarts Trailhead 1(606)837-3205

Putney Trailhead 1(606)537-9009

we like to stay on the evarts side. lots of stuff in evarts as far as food, gas, etc. if you need parts you can run to harlan fairly quickly. for your rv, there are camp sites behind the dairy hut that have power, water, cable and they have a dump location on site. they also have a bath house for people that need it. i'm sure there are other places in evarts that have rv hook ups but the minute mart accross the road has great breakfast and cheap and the dairy hut is good too, unfortunately the dairy hut is being rebuilt currently.

i believe this is the # for camping behind the dairy hut in evarts: 877-737-0778

Sounds good. Me and the wife were planning on going for fall crawl, but we may just go on this weekend. Be cool to put faces with names.

I don't know if it's possible or not, but if I can get the buggy done I'm definitely in.

Sounds like a plan to me John :dblthumb:

Weve stayed on both sides multiple times,,,Evarts / Putney,,,,hell even if we had groups stayin on both sides we could meet up a Middle fork in the mornings.

John you could park house on either side as well,,,,,,www.harlancountycampground.com might be the best choice for the most level hook up sites :dblthumb:

and the camp owner Steve is a cool cat!

I've stayed behind dairy hut, but when we went in April, we rented a house that had 8 bedrooms, fenced yard for tow rigs. It only cost $75 for 3 nights per person.

OH,,,and we LIKE the trail system to get up to the park from the Putney side ;D

BUT,,,,,the Evarts side got that DAIRY HUT :eat:

Either side you stay on Harlan freakin rules :****:

easleycrawler said:
I've stayed behind dairy hut, but when we went in April, we rented a house that had 8 bedrooms, fenced yard for tow rigs. It only cost $75 for 3 nights per person.

We like rentin Lupes house right across from the store in Evarts!!!

I LIKE IT when this is the view from my office...

I stopped & snapped this pic on Trail 15.

Here I am "bendin mah sprangs" in LIONS DEN....

LOVE bangin draggin my rig thru there ;D

OH,,,I got side tracked

yes John we always go up on Thursday with folks showin up from around lunch till mid night,,,wheel all day Friday,,,all day Saturday,,,then head home Sunday afternoon :dblthumb:

October 10-12.........DONE MARKED IT ON MY CALENDAR ;D

Julio, call me when you have a chance. I have no idea where is best. I can look on the computer as we talk. I will look up the campground now.