• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardline Custom "Sassy Chassis" P's buggy

P

If its free, its P
Specs 1.75x.120 wall DOM Chassis with 1.5x.120 wall and such sprinkled in. 355TBI Full manual valve boddy TH350 and a twin stick D300 with 4.1 gearset and bigshafts with 1350s.
Suspension consists of 1.25 JJ's on the uppers and 1.25 Ballistic 3.0's on the lowers. All links are 2" x.250 wall DOM. Dual triangulated 4 links at both ends as well. WB @ 109" sitting on Radflo 14" airshocks and 2" air bumps up front. Welded D60 and 14B with discs provides the foundation and will make the 42" irocs go round and round. 4.10 gears and 35spl molys with drive flanges up front pretty much round it all out.

Here's the start...

Jonny Joints and Ballistic 3.0 comparo pic..
jointcompare.jpg

Checkin for fat boy fit..
testfitme.jpg

50" wide for the side by side. thumb.gif
mock1.jpg

Seats tabbed
Sept22013.jpg

D300 /TH350 adapter I scored from Race Jeep ( thanks man! )
Sept22005.jpg

D300 geared and TH350 with TCI full man valve body ready to install..
Sept22010.jpg

The Turd motor removed and filthy, awaiting its new home , the axles also lookin lonely

turdmotor.jpg

axholes.jpg

Front getting started.. Truss I designed to use for link mounts / bumpstop mount and full truss. Will also be the attaching point for the hydro steer
fronttruss.jpg

I scored a sheet of aluminum that they ordered incorrectly at work and couldnt use. Gonna make a sweet floorboard !! loller.gif

floor.jpg

Set of headers and the engine/tranny/Tcase mounted up. The engine is offset 2 1/8 inch to the drivers side to assist in front driveshaft upward clearance.

DSC00607.jpg

I was workin on CheapJ7's truck a few weekends ago and my dad came over lookin for something to do. He cut the stock brackets off my engine and came up with a lower alternator spot and we re-routed the belt a bit so I could get the hood to lay low.. Got belt on it but need to get a little more adjustment to get it all sorted.
Picture009.jpg

Playin around with the caddy hood and grille I scored for the buggy. Also have the front axle located and suspesion in place up front..

xmas2.jpg

caddi3.jpg

caddi2.jpg

I measured the top of the chassis in those pics at 6' 1" and the belly clearance at a touch over 19" Im thinking Ill raise it about 4" from were its at and call it good for my needs. It will see trail riding duties and I dont feel like I need the crazy low stance of a moon buggy or whatever . I just want to be sure it will still fit in my dinky ass garage laughing

heres a few pics from today, I cut 2feet and 3 inches outta the front of the hood after I skinned that heavy biotch. It weighs nothin now !!
hoodskin.jpg

checkin out the hood cut down , also feeling out the air shocks up front and the aluminum rad .
clip1.jpg

clip2.jpg

Also scored a sa-weet window they replaced in a Beechcraft KingAir at work.... heck yea that'll work !
firewallwindow.jpg

lookin badass dude! I am diggin that hood/grille combo. :drinkers:
it appears that you will have some pretty good visibility, with the hood slanted down like that. Did you build the width of the front just for that grille, or did the grille just so happen to fit right?

keep up the progress man!

Brian

Spent several hours last night cleaning off the 14B so I can put a rear end under it this weekend. I hate that part, I need to invest in a 8" grinder thumb.gif

Got my tabs in this morning so everything is lookin good for it to be a "vehicle " by the end of the weekend instead of a 3/4 contraption laughing

I've been thinking about changing up the original design on the rear of this chassis just to make it look different, not so traditional with the rear tubework... not sure if I should or not yet. I guess we will see what mood I am in when I start bending the tube out back :spin:

ya man the buggy is lookin sweet the front stance is lookin sweet thumb.gif keep up the progress and it will all fall into place cant wait to come down there next month and :drinkers: work on the buggy ;D

Got the rear 4link laid out, the lowers built all the tabs prep'd to be welded the axle truss is mostly attached ( needs 3 holes and some weld ) the rearend is located the wheelbase is set (109 " ) and the 14B baby bottom smoove . She's getting there, I feel real good about how its coming along it should take shape rather quickly from here out once a few more items show up ! loller.gif

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00669.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

Sag Nutz Customs doing work :flipoff1:

DSC00667.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

Buggy looks OKt thats a good looking yellow LJ Rubicon in the background.

sag nutz my ass :flipper:

Latest posts