• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardline Multi-Quote Button???

TacomaJD

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....
Any of the admins/mods ever thought of enabling a multi-quote button on this forum? Super handy when trying to reply to several people's posts. I usually just copy and paste the quotes from different posts to reply to them all, but a multi-quote button only takes a couple clicks.

Just curious about it, would be a great forum improvement. But then again, I'm not exactly sure what measures it would take to make it happen either...which is why I'm asking :drinkers:

And a funny pic for those of you that came here and might not really care about a multi quote button :flipoff1:
redneck.jpg

If its not too much trouble, I think that would be a good addition. If it trouble, then no worries on my end. Still my favorite forum.

ridered3 said:
If its not too much trouble, I think that would be a good addition. If it trouble, then no worries on my end. Still my favorite forum.

Yup, my thoughts exactly :dblthumb: Like I said, only started this thread out of curiosity. Not in a "give me multi-quote button or give me death" kinda way molaugh

Maybe RickyB will chime in. The back end is not my field of expertise.

I just open Word. Use the quote function and copy to Word, add my comments and copy/paste all back at one time. Then hit preview to be sure I did not fuk it up.

JohnG said:
Maybe RickyB will chime in. The back end is not my field of expertise.

I just open Word. Use the quote function and copy to Word, add my comments and copy/paste all back at one time. Then hit preview to be sure I did not fuk it up.

Exactly what I do except I open a "new" email in my Outlook since it's always open on my desktop, then do the same thing.

Quote the first reply then enter your reply. Scroll down below the text box to the next reply you would like to quote. Click insert quote and your done. Seems easy to me

85toyo said:
Quote the first reply then enter your reply. Scroll down below the text box to the next reply you would like to quote. Click insert quote and your done. Seems easy to me

Well would ya look at that!!!

MY GOD what are yall talkin bout doin,,,it took me A DAMN YEAR to figure out how to insert qwuotes on here :****:

AND ,,,this is the only damn forum I out of all the ones I,m on that I can insert quotes on,,,I can,t figure it out on NONE of the other ones :dunno:

zukiscott said:
MY GOD what are yall talkin bout doin,,,it took me A DAMN YEAR to figure out how to insert qwuotes on here :****:

AND ,,,this is the only damn forum I out of all the ones I,m on that I can insert quotes on,,,I can,t figure it out on NONE of the other ones :dunno:
x2

85toyo said:
Sweet! Thanks!
ridered3 said:
Well would ya look at that!!!
It works! Shazam!

85toyo said:

What about on an iPhone Tapatalk?

zukiscott said:

Most forums have what's called a multi-quote button right beside the quote button on each post. This forum has the quote button on each post only. Normally on most forums, you just have to start at the top clicking "multi quote" on each post you want to reply to and it usually puts like a green check mark beside it, then when you get to the last post on the page you want to reply to, just click the regular quote button and they all are quoted in the message box.

Before mentioned above, I wasn't aware of the insert quote function on here. Now that I've found it, it's pretty much the same thing just not as simple.

I can look into it if you'd all like. I always used the "insert quote" beside each post under the reply box to do it. I'll see if theres an add-on I can install if the demand is there

Like mentioned above Ricky, don't go through any trouble for it. I was just curious if it was something simple and quick to enable. :drinkers:

TacomaJD said:
Like mentioned above Ricky, don't go through any trouble for it. I was just curious if it was something simple and quick to enable. :drinkers:

Now that I see how easy multi-quoting is and see that it was already built in, no worries on my end, unless its something super easy to add on.