• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harlan Forum Ride 2015

L

lowbudgetjunk

Discuss, plan and execute. The 2014 ride was last year, let the thread die an honorable death.

It's the 4th most viewed thread in the Trail Rides and Competition Forum....(in case you were wondering)

So, what dates are you guys thinking? I have to do some sort of vacation with the GF and she wants to go to Disney World for Octoberfest so, I wanted to get the wheeling lined up first... At least there will be lots of good beer...

I liked the October ride from last year. Weather wasn't perfect, but that gives plenty of time for me to plan a longer trip.

Doubt I will have a vehicle by the time it comes around that would be wheeler worthy but if anyone has free space let me know when the date is set in stone via pm.

We will look into another ride after the Grayrock one. May even sit around a campfire and discuss. Harlan is cool and I will go back, however I am not convinced that is the best place for a forum ride. That place may be better with 6-10 wheeling buddies that ride together a fair bit, know capabilities, etc. An "obstacle" park may be better suited rather than a huge trail riding park.

So, more Hardline forum rides, you bet. Plan to discuss Saturday night at Grayrock around a campfire.

kushKrawlin said:
Pffff!!! :'( rub tha ole "I missed the gray rock thread" in. I see. Takin my ball and goin home!

I believe the park can be rented again at a later date, not sure if the 50 participants was a one time thing or not.

xjcrawler said:
I believe the park can be rented again at a later date, not sure if the 50 participants was a one time thing or not.

I think that depends on everyone actions. I had to work to get it up to 50.

I'd love to see another Forum ride at Harlan. I couldn't make the last one cause my buggy was down. Like to see it at least a few weeks from when Fall Crawl is cause I like that ride too but doing back to back would be tough for me to pull off. Just my $.02...

johneddie said:
I'd love to see another Forum ride at Harlan. I couldn't make the last one cause my buggy was down. Like to see it at least a few weeks from when Fall Crawl is cause I like that ride too but doing back to back would be tough for me to pull off. Just my $.02...

X2

I think the best thing about having a "forum" ride at Harlan is that it brings a lot of people from other areas that "we" wouldn't normally get to ride with or see on the trail. Although it was raining, we really enjoyed riding along with ya'll that morning starting down there around Your Turn and then heading up to Pony Hill. If we hadn't gone that way and seen John and 1-2 others attempt I know I probably wouldn't have tried...and done it.

Just need a date to work with...and a little luck!