• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harlan, KY

MSimpson

I am considering going to Harlan KY on Memorial Day. I have never been there and need some information about the place.
1. I have a Motor home, 40' long, and a trailer, 25' long and need to know which campsite is closest to this location.
I am self sufficient, but would prefer electricity.
2. My buggy is not street legal, so I would like to be close to trails. Verda Field is where events are and would like to be close to there.
3. Is this possible for everything I am trying to get to?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

the south evarts campground behind the dairy hut would be ideal if they have any spots left

South Evarts RV Park
KY 38, Evarts
(606) 837-0609

We offer 30-50 amp electric, Water, TV, Wi-Fi, and dump station less than two minutes to the trails, gas, food, groceries, car wash, police & fire and trail supplies. Food from burgers to homemade meals. Five FREE park & unload lots with in-town security. Rates are $20.00 per slot, NO extra charge for extra people. Evarts is home to your one-stop shopping for your ATV for all your needs.

check for more info here:
http://www.harlancountytrails.com/lodging.php

I like stayin behind the DAIRY HUT as well.......have ate many good breakfasts in there, and some good suppers too.........and those DAMN GOOD MILKSHAKES.........

with REAL CHUNKS OF FRUIT in em .......EMMMMMMMMM EMMMMMMMMMM GOOD :dblthumb:

OH.....and riding at HARLAN is GOOD ALSO ;D

DO NOT LEAVE the city limits of EVARTS with youre buggy, you will possibly get ticketed if you do :eek:

But there really is no reason to anyway,you can get to the trail head,the chevron, & all of the old town square area LEGALLY :dblthumb:

I do not know how they are gonna regulate buggy traffic to and from Verda field because it is OUT of the city limits of EVARTS :dunno:

Some of the buggies you ran against at MSORP will be there. The whole Bacon group is going. Just look around for a 53' trailer and big rig.

zukiscott said:
DO NOT LEAVE the city limits of EVARTS with youre buggy, you will possibly get ticketed if you do :eek:

But there really is no reason to anyway,you can get to the trail head,the chevron, & all of the old town square area LEGALLY :dblthumb:

I do not know how they are gonna regulate buggy traffic to and from Verda field because it is OUT of the city limits of EVARTS :dunno:

thats why we stay behind the dairy hut, b/c if you go accross the train tracks there are usually patrol set up.

Thanks for the imformation, there is no telling what my investment will be at the dairy hut (milk shakes) with my eight year old daughter.

I have drove my buggy to and from Verda several times. I think the deal with buggies and ATV on the road is the county of Harlan.

cool vids but the first one is big perm and the second one is upper damnation not upper profanity

ive never had a problem driving my rig around Evarts... we usually stay at behind the Dairy Hut

Well this thread is old but for anyone going, South Evarts camp is now $25 per slot per night. It's still our favorite place to stay and a good deal considering its location and showers and firewood is included. I like staying in Evarts way more than the Putney side.