• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Help me fix my H1 wheel screw up

toreadorranger

So I cut out the centers on my 8 bolt h1's and the wife was away so I had the weekend free and got all of my new pressed centers in my wheels. Here lies the issue. I had a brain fart during the middle two when I got into a groove and was just welding away. I forgot to line up the centers with the holes so that I could get to them with a punch to get the studs in. I can get the studs to drop in the holes just don't have a good way to get them to press in. So far I have two ideas, drill holes above all the studs big enough to get a punch through or use a regular nut and draw them into the holes by torquing them down. Im leaning towards the second option, mainly because its less work and I wont have to damage the wheel at all. Anyone else have any pointers or any reasons why my second idea isn't as good as it seems in my head?

20160411_203259_zpsph87atha.jpg

20160411_203314_zpsxnkuhhyg.jpg

Jduck said:
Slide it through then put a spacer and use a nut to pull it tight.

That's what makes sense in my head, figured Id ask the question before I made a problem worse. I was pretty bummed after I finished the third wheel and realized what I had done.

Jduck said:
Slide it through then put a spacer and use a nut to pull it tight.

This. Or you might be able to use a balljoint press. The nut and spacer would probably be easier though. Lube the threads good with anti-seize before you do it and you should be fine.

white_devilish_1 said:
I just used a 1/2" bolt, nut & washer in place of stripped out studs!

That's what I had on my last setup, but I found all new studs for .80$ each so I figured for that price id use them.

Re: Re: Help me fix my H1 wheel screw up

toreadorranger said:
That's what I had on my last setup, but I found all new studs for .80$ each so I figured for that price id use them.
Where at? I have been looking for replacements/spares for some time now. Each time I find them for a decent price they are NLA.