• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Help me spend my money - DD TJ aftermarket seats

Dan_Goodwin

Birmingham, AL
My daily driver is a basically stock 97 TJ that's getting a 5.9 Magnum swap, Currie lift, interior upgrades, etc. this winter to make it a more comfortable daily and more capable leaf looking rig. It has the stock seats in it now and I've narrowed down my replacement options to Mastercraft Baja RS and Corbeau Moabs. Before I pull the trigger on new seats for my TJ I'd like to sit in them before I buy them. Are there any vendors local-ish to Birmingham that have either Mastercraft or Corbeaus I can actually sit in? If either of these seats are absolute garbage, I'd like to hear that too.

I had a set of Matercraft seats in my old Jeep (99TJ) , though I do not remember what model seats they were. I currently have PRP seats in my current Jeep (95YJ). Personally I like the PRP seats better but that being said I do not recall having any issues with my Mastercraft seats. I would try out / test sit a set of PRP's before you make your decision if I was in your shoes. I have zero experience with Corbeau seats other than riding in friends rigs that have those seats and the seat time was minimal, so I can not give you any feedback.

PRP hands down. I have the Daily Drivers in mine and love them. the lip or whatever you call it on the bottom isnt so tall it violates your taint every time you in/out but will still hold you when you need it.