• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Help!! My rubbers are gone

Eddyj

I'm looking if a leafspring bushings to fix a suspension part. I'm in the middle of nowhere so there's no off-road shop to go to to get a generic bushing. Anybody off the top of their head know Iof a leafspring that is 2 inches wide with a 2 inch hole? That's bushing I could get from auto parts to get me by.

The air ride suspension on the rear of my F550 was a conversion done by a company that is no longer in business. A couple of the bushings on the track bar are gone.

Ha, I legit thought you were :stir: again and was trying to figure out what I missed :rolf:

Worst case could you make a new track bar with bushing from Ruffstuff?

9/16" bolt?

Almost sounds like a yj bushing, but I'll have to get home before I could confirm that.

5/8 bolt.
I'm in bum fart Missouri and have to use the truck Friday. Track bar is beefy just need to find a "get me by" rubber. The old ones are completely gone.
But 2 inch hole by 2 inch wide should be doable. :dunno:

Re:

Cut up rubber hoses and make something? Did that for a bushing on a 4 wheeler in a pinch once.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

What about a round piece of uhmw and drill the center out for bolt. Pretty tough stuff so might get ya back home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like if I can find some 1/8 wall tube I could sleeve it down to 1.5 which seems to be more common.

Eddyj said:
Some reason I was thinkin YJ were 2.5 wide and CJ wee 2

You're right on yj' being 2 1/2" idk what I was thinking. The 74 CJ in my driveway has 2" springs, but the spring eye od is only 1 1/2"

I need some one to use their google-fu. Find me an oem bushing I can shove in this hole.

221b3ad96319fd97486ca6faad7621b9.jpg

If they are not they are close. I have a piece of uhmw 1/2" thick you are welcome to, to cut pieces to make a temp bushing from.

Looks like Energy Suspension Part 9.9485 is what you need or close to it. Can't find a cross reference to a particular vehicle though.

Attachments

• Universal Link-Flange Type Guide.jpg
    Universal Link-Flange Type Guide.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 267
Some Fords use a Harris Bushing that might work. The HB-395 is a bushing for a 2" wide spring and the HB-394 is for a 2.5" wide spring. The 395 uses a 11/16 bolt and the 394 uses a 5/8" bolt, but both are 2" outer diameter. Looks like these were used on '50s and '60s Thunderbird rear leaf springs and maybe some other Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles. Looks like the '55-'57 T-birds used the 2" wide springs. Not sure if these use an inner sleeve or not. Probably not much help, but at least gives you a vehicle to chase down.

A B C D E
1 HB-394 2 1 1/4 1 3/4 5/8 2 3/16 For 2 1/2" Wide spring Ford Crown
1 HB-395 2 1 1/8 1 13/16 11/16 2 1/4 For 2" Wide spring Ford Crown

A is the Outer Diameter
B is the tube length of each half
C is the overall length of each half
D is the inner diameter
E is the overall diameter

There is also a HB-1004(old) which works with a 2.5" wide spring and has the similar dimensions of the HB-394 but has an inner diameter of 3/4"